Trial GP - the good, the bad and the ugly

NAD1

7 hours ago, breagh said:

My question would be does Trials need Championships and that's at every level from club to WTC.

Three most popular trials in the UK are the Scott the SSDT and the Reeth 3 three day don't do championships.

We've about 200 members and try getting a decent turnout at  a presentation hopeless, also the club up here that gets the best entries for it's club trials has no awards.

The average Trials rider has little interest in these things they just want a fun day on the bike.

The Championships at national and world level are the 'showcase' areas for the products to help promote sales.

I would imagine that Jotagas has recieved more interest recently  with the efforts of Oriol Noguera their supported rider; who has been finishing as high as 5th in the premier class of the WTC.

Edited by oni nou

20 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

5th? When did he get 5th on a jotagas?

He did..UK Silsden round 2018....... qualification 1 ....... Oriol  Noguera 5th

What do you mean Qualification does not count, It seems to be of great importance to Toni Bou and Honda.

Not bad for a person who is not really interested in trials;)

Edited by oni nou

Overall I thought it was pretty well organised and had a nice almost "clubman" feel to it. There are not many sports where the top competitors are literally walking around/riding around amongst you - I like that.

I was amazed at the lack of merchandise/trade stands though. I've been to hundreds of sporting events over the years, this is the only one where I literally could not find anything to spend my money on other than your standard overpriced festival/show burger and a programme which I declined. 

If it had rained 80% of the people parked in that field would have been screwed, so I'm glad it didn't.

I am surprised how easily a country like the UK easily accepts that the world round is down to 2 loops. It has been 3 loops forever. It was hard enough with a 3 loop trials to get to the GOOD sections. Also any large event should be a full 2 days of competition.

• Like 1