Kawasaki KT 250 cable routing

Cribbs74

Guys,

I am days away from riding my KT for the first time. Just buttoning up some odds and ends and having a little trouble with the clutch and throttle cable. I am using original cables and don’t see how they route.

The frame has two plates welded onto the center tube and it looks like the cables could go through there, but not sure and no pictures anywhere in my shop manual or online that I can find.

so my question is how do the brake and throttle cable route and what cable goes on what side of the downtube.

Thanks!

Ron

Throttle cable port side of headstock and inside the gusset plate.

Clutch cable starboard side of headstock and not inside the gusset plate. I run mine above the front tank mounting to give it a nicer radius for the curve down to the clutch casing

It's fairly standard on any bike to run the throttle and clutch cables around the headstock. This is especially important on a trials bike because of the extreme steering lock. Running them around the headstock provides bigger radius bends.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, feetupfun said:

Throttle cable port side of headstock and inside the gusset plate.

Clutch cable starboard side of headstock and not inside the gusset plate. I run mine above the front tank mounting to give it a nicer radius for the curve down to the clutch casing

It's fairly standard on any bike to run the throttle and clutch cables around the headstock. This is especially important on a trials bike because of the extreme steering lock. Running them around the headstock provides bigger radius bends.

Thanks FeetUp, I really appreciate the help and the time it took to write that up. Moving forward!