Beta evo 2011 250 won’t start after fuel over flow

Jonny evs123

Hi guys, went to go out on the bike today. Haven’t started it in 2 weeks, I turned on the petrol tap and fuel p****d out of the overflow. Advise from a friend told me to lightly tap the carb as the float may be stuck. After tapping It the petrol stopped. I tried to kick it multiple times and nothing.

i let it settle for a couple of hour but still no joy. There is a tidy spark and fuel is getting through as the plug is wet when I inspected. Any advice? 

Edited by Jonny evs123

19 minutes ago, Jonny evs123 said:

Hi guys, went to go out on the bike today. Haven’t started it in 2 weeks, I turned on the petrol tap and fuel p****d out of the overflow. Advise from a friend told me to lightly tap the carb as the float may be stuck. After tapping It the petrol stopped. I tried to kick it multiple times and nothing.

i let it settle for a couple of hour but still no joy. There is a tidy spark and fuel is getting through as the plug is wet when I inspected. Any advice? 

Your crank case seems to be flooded,take the spark plug out and earth it somewhere away from the plug hole for safety ;or if you have a lanyard type kill switch remove the magnet from the switch and then kick over the motor a hand ful of times then leave it stood over night....next day replace the plug and it should start if your floats are now moving on the pivot pin.

Edited by oni nou

SOLVED!

Hi guys just an update. I have now fixed the problem. So as advised by others there was way too much fuel in barrel so I removed the plug, dried it and warmed It up lightly with a blow lamp. I turned off the petrol with choke on. With the warmed plug in place I kicked the bike and it fired and then stopped, I repeated this 5 times. On the fifth time I give a little throttle with petrol still off, It started to run a little rough for about 20 seconds. I then turned petrol back on and chock off holding the throttle open slightly and it was ticking over as it should. I took it then for a little run and all seems well. Bike is sounding sweet again 

Thanks all for the help and advise, hope this helps others in future. 

• Like 1