BSA B40 No Spark

evo boy

Normal unleaded is fine. Have you tried a new plug ?  When you tickling it, don't go crazy, slightly flood it only. If the plugs wet, dry it, heat it and try again. To start it ease it over compression on the firing stroke, then give it a long push, rather than a kick. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, b40rt said:

Normal unleaded is fine. Have you tried a new plug ?  When you tickling it, don't go crazy, slightly flood it only. If the plugs wet, dry it, heat it and try again. To start it ease it over compression on the firing stroke, then give it a long push, rather than a kick. 

I'm going to get a new spark plug today it has a NGK B8ES in it is that right? 

Many thanks

New plug fitted and after 20 minutes of kick it fired into life engine sounded sweat. It doesn't want to idle tho which one on the carb is the adjuster screw?

PS thanks for all the help you lads gave me so different you my modern bike.

Assuming its an amal ? Screw nearest engine is the mixture screw, in for richer. This screw is very sensitive, so make very small adjustments at a time, and only once engine is warm. Screw behind it is tickover, in faster.