Hebo number board fuel tank

smegyboy

Has anybody tried fitting one of these ?? Just ran out of fuel miles from anywhere lol had given away my spare litre on my back. Had a the tank on my old Montesa but lack fuel cap breather on 2017 250 ice hell made me just give it away when I sold monty ?

You can fit the Hebo 1L fuel tank on the headstock to a Vertigo with a few mods. You will probably need to re-locate the map switch and LED to somewhere else to fit the tank. Block the Vertigo fuel cap breather and make a new tank top breather bush from a short 12mm M8 hex head bolt, turned flat on top, centre drill then drill out to 4.20mm and thread M5 through the bolt centre. Get a GG or Ossa gearbox elbow and thread the end of this M5 and screw into the M8 "bush" with PTFE tape. There is a handy spot to drill and thread the top of the Vertigo fuel tank to take the M8 bush, we have a drawing somewhere to show this but you should be able to find a good spot. Run a decent petrol proof breather hose from the new vent to the Hebo tank outlet. The Hebo tank has a breather itself. When you are not using the Hebo tank, fit a ball check valve to the breather hose end to allow air to enter the tank. A very good friend worked this out initially. Bye, Peter B.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sprinter 27 said:

Just have an elbow installed in the fuel cap , retro fitted the map switch and leds into the bar pad . Fairly simple in all .  My only disappointment in Vertigo is the fuel economy , with the small tank and injection it’s always the first bike to run out of fuel 

image.jpg

Do you have a picture of said elbow?? Have been playing with ideas with diff things around garage and came to idea there was no room under fuel flap ??

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Hi all , since last set up have had a new and improved version more secure and safe , Reece Talbot is the man responsible for 3D printing an insert ,which fits into the inside of petrol cap which the extra 8mm fuel pipe goes through a filed out 7mm hole on cap to the inside, then pushed through the insert and the insert is then pushed into the inside of of the cap . Make sense lol ??

pics to follow with pipe attached 

pics shown are Reece’s 

549A9770-F342-4593-9998-984B98918884.jpeg

A25CF650-461E-4640-B309-3AE362B59F7D.jpeg

• 3 years later...

Just bought a 2022 vertigo 300 and would like to install an aux tank.   I like this 3d printed piece you guys came up with.   How do I get the file so I can print one out? Or would someone here print one for me? 

On 1/21/2019 at 11:53 PM, Reece Talbot said:

Cheers mate