Silly season approaches

smurfy

Cant see anyone moving tbh.

Maybe Casales but doubt that.
Grattarola go back to Trial GP? If so would he change bike? Doubt both of those things
Martyn step up to Trial GP? If so would he change? Again doubt he'd change, where's a better offer coming from?

Last year was a massive shake up. For riders so I doubt much will change again next year ,franzi kadlec has been on the same bike all season so maybe that’s a sign he’s on the move , casales is on a 2 year contract with vertigo , I’d like to see Toby martyn step up to trial gp ,I’d guess he will be on a gasgas , maybe jack price will move?

Kadlec on the GP and wont change. He's Gas Gas' top rider outside of Fajardo/Busto so makes sense they want someone showcasing the other models.
IMO Fajardo & Busto should be on a GP - Raga rides a RR, Cabes & Dibs ride a Factory, Gelabert & Ferrer ride a Factory, Bincaz rides a Factory. 
Assume it's to highlight how good the 'standard' bikes are but dont know

The 300rr montesa is good at T2 level, but not convinced its competitive in Gp level. Ferrer hasn't been performing in Gp level. Perhaps Price or Martyn to partner Gelabert at factory Sherco while the other takes the junior Gasgas seat??

Would be nice if Beta followed Gas Gas example and fielded a Junior team in Gp?

Edited by smurfy

2 hours ago, nickday1 said:

Kadlec on the GP and wont change. He's Gas Gas' top rider outside of Fajardo/Busto so makes sense they want someone showcasing the other models.
IMO Fajardo & Busto should be on a GP - Raga rides a RR, Cabes & Dibs ride a Factory, Gelabert & Ferrer ride a Factory, Bincaz rides a Factory. 
Assume it's to highlight how good the 'standard' bikes are but dont know

I think you may need to stop looking at the stickers. The shock Busto had on his bike at Addingham looked like a TTX, too big to be standard. I can't imagine they won t change other parts to suit the rider.

Jack Price is currently British Champ and has just beaten Kadlec in the world championship so is he not their best rider excluding Busto / fajardo ?

4 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Gratterola will stay trial 2 and stop another youngster his moment of fame

I don’t always agree with Andy, but I’m of the same thought, matteo had his day, didn’t make it, so this drop into trial 2 for some riders is a bit dodgy, taking limelight away from some up and come’rs!

its hard enough for young riders to get sponsors and go around around Europe etc, but if riders from the gp scene keep dropping down, where do they go? Maybe cabby could drop next? 

Its a shame that some top riders would have to go, but it’s survival of the fittest, and youngest!

thoughts?

I agree with smurfy I think either price or martyn at sherco would be. A good young team ,I think Marcelli was a marked man for the full factory repsol squad before this year but he’s. or had a good one aswell, I did hear that they where following gelabert aswell,ferrer has had his time in trial go unfortunately which is a shame because he was looking like a star of the future a few years back  

I must admit at first I felt like imexian regarding Gp riders dropping down to T2, but then after a while I thought, perhaps not such a bad thing...

riders rarely get 1 chance to get into the Gp class but then often a bad luck season, funding issues or injury ruins there 1 season to prove they belong there, dropping back to T2 gives them a lifeline back to a competitive team and if they dominate T2 then they may get another shot at the Gp class.

Also it makes T2 that much more competitive perhaps bridging the skills gap a bit more for those that do move up.

It's also another low cost chance for wildcards to prove themselves ready to move up from the national scene, which in turn raises the game at national level etc,  etc.

However for a pro who regularly finishes top 10 to drop back to T2 seems like some one just trophy hunting, not exactly hero material. 

Hmm, matteo has some good sponsors, sembennini, red motor etc, maybe should have stayed gp? It’s just the trial scene is so compact, that to drop down and scoop a title, that Toby I really think deserves, after changing from 2t to 4t is a bit disingenuous. 

Also, bit suspect, how he managed to finish so low score? No favouritism from the ITALIAN observers I guess...

its the British thing, saw TM five for a millisecond stop at addingham, but continent seems to go with the flow....

flack invited! 

On 17/09/2018 at 6:41 PM, imexian said:

I don’t always agree with Andy, but I’m of the same thought, matteo had his day, didn’t make it, so this drop into trial 2 for some riders is a bit dodgy, taking limelight away from some up and come’rs!

its hard enough for young riders to get sponsors and go around around Europe etc, but if riders from the gp scene keep dropping down, where do they go? Maybe cabby could drop next? 

Its a shame that some top riders would have to go, but it’s survival of the fittest, and youngest!

thoughts?

As i see it Gratterola (or anyone else as a similar 30 year old not quite made it in top class) is taking the place of a youngster on the way up, he could never beat Gubian Wigg Gomez in a championship when he was there first time round, and to my way of thinking hes a pot hunter.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 17/09/2018 at 9:50 PM, imexian said:

Hmm, matteo has some good sponsors, sembennini, red motor etc, maybe should have stayed gp? It’s just the trial scene is so compact, that to drop down and scoop a title, that Toby I really think deserves, after changing from 2t to 4t is a bit disingenuous. 

Also, bit suspect, how he managed to finish so low score? No favouritism from the ITALIAN observers I guess...

its the British thing, saw TM five for a millisecond stop at addingham, but continent seems to go with the flow....

flack invited! 

Not only does he have sponsors he is a paid policeman. He doesn't actually work that much though so I understand.

On 17/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, imexian said:

thoughts?

I don't really look at it that way. To me T2 Is now the equivalent of Moto2 in GP. Youngsters come through the class, but you also get guys that are there long term, or who drop back from GP. 

I don't really envision there being any limit on the number of entries, so why not let anyone who can and wants to ride T2 do so. It'll allow guys who can't finish better than bottom of the barrel in the top class a place to be more competitive, and the kids coming up will either best them and move up, or stay and compete. 

• Like 1