Jump to content

al_orange

2019 RR Vs One

Recommended Posts

I'm an easy clubman rider and have had a 2017 250 RR and now have a 250 Gold, the only thing I have done to calm the bike is fit a slow throttle. If you can afford one get the RR model the extra cash is worth it for the rear shock and carb alone. The bikes are well made and very well designed and very easy to work on, the only trouble I have had is a water pump seal went on the 2017 RR but this is a 30 min fix which I did myself, the later models have had a water pump upgrade so I reckon they will be well sorted now, also got a lump of **** in my pilot jet which caused me to retire from a trail as I could not shift it at the trial, I have since fitted a fuel filter so no issue's any more. I have loads of mates with TRS's and not one has had a major problem and they ride easy to expert. In the very early days there was a petrol tank issue but that has well and truly been put to bed. Just remembered the clutches are great but don't use fancy oil, light gear oil is all you need I use ELF HTX740 now and change it every 3 or 4 rides.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

12 hours ago, al_orange said:

I've just been looking at pictures of the One compared to the RR. It looks like the footpegs on the RR are tilted forward more than the One. I guess this is because experts spend more time on the back wheel than novices but it was a bit of a surprise.

 

Has anyone else noticed this? Reckon it would make any real difference to feel?

Check out Pat Smages video review of them on you tube. He sums them up pretty well but in short, they do make a difference :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 After riding my sons TRS, I bought the curve footpegs for my Beta. Huge difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 12/6/2018 at 1:07 PM, lineaway said:

 After riding my sons TRS, I bought the curve footpegs for my Beta. Huge difference.

And yet moving footrests on a twin shock is just lazy !!!! Which is it ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 12/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, lineaway said:

 After riding my sons TRS, I bought the curve footpegs for my Beta. Huge difference.

I also rode a TRS and liked the S3 Curve footpegs, so put them on my Scorpa.  I'm a clubman rider, but I benefit being short, that they help me get more forward on the bike and improve my overall riding position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, nhuskys said:

I also rode a TRS and liked the S3 Curve footpegs, so put them on my Scorpa.  I'm a clubman rider, but I benefit being short, that they help me get more forward on the bike and improve my overall riding position.

@lineaway. There you go, someone moving footrests forward to suit their size, just like Danilo Galeazzi !

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So.. still struggling to decide, having not had a chance to try out the RR.. can anyone give a comment on just how much snappier the RR is? 

 

Also, people have mentioned that the TRS are quite "quick" and that it is sensible to go down a tooth on the front. Is that common?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I ride a 250 RR regularly. Lots of good kit on it. No extra bling required. Well thought out, build quality good, everything nicely tucked out of the way, feels really light,easy to ride, & maintain.  Suspension spot on. Initial set up required air box to be pulled apart & properly sealed. Airbox lid could fit better.  I went for a 9t on the front, out of choice. 

Niggles, every bike has them. Air filter a right fiddle to fit if you are not a gynaecologist. Airbox leaked like a sieve. Wheel bearings didn't last 5 minutes. (Made for Spain, not UK).  Not very much really. Just needs looking after properly. 

Am told they are a bit low geared for Road trials i.s SSDT.  

Really nice bike, a  comparative newcomer to the market place, but evolving well. IMHO.  

    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, pjw123 said:

I ride a 250 RR regularly. Lots of good kit on it. No extra bling required. Well thought out, build quality good, everything nicely tucked out of the way, feels really light,easy to ride, & maintain.  Suspension spot on. Initial set up required air box to be pulled apart & properly sealed. Airbox lid could fit better.  I went for a 9t on the front, out of choice. 

Niggles, every bike has them. Air filter a right fiddle to fit if you are not a gynaecologist. Airbox leaked like a sieve. Wheel bearings didn't last 5 minutes. (Made for Spain, not UK).  Not very much really. Just needs looking after properly. 

Am told they are a bit low geared for Road trials i.s SSDT.  

Really nice bike, a  comparative newcomer to the market place, but evolving well. IMHO.  

    

I rode a 300 rr and thought that was a bit too quick for me.  I ended up with a 250 gold as that was the only 250 available in NZ.  It's quick too!  I'm comparing to an 05 GG pro though not a standard TRS One so can't comment on that comparison.

I just cleaned the air filter for the first time and struggled with re fitting too (and I thought the GG was tricky).  Some recommend sliding it down into place but that seems like it might risk dis lodging the foam from the cage and it is impossible to see if it is all sitting correctly.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, bluey said:

I rode a 300 rr and thought that was a bit too quick for me.  I ended up with a 250 gold as that was the only 250 available in NZ.  It's quick too!  I'm comparing to an 05 GG pro though not a standard TRS One so can't comment on that comparison.

I just cleaned the air filter for the first time and struggled with re fitting too (and I thought the GG was tricky).  Some recommend sliding it down into place but that seems like it might risk dis lodging the foam from the cage and it is impossible to see if it is all sitting correctly.

 

 

 

Bluey you are removing the black splash guard from the top of the opening before you change the filter ? You should just be able to slide the old filter out and the new in with no hassle at all.

 

Edited by taff_d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
30 minutes ago, taff_d said:

Bluey you are removing the black splash guard from the top of the opening before you change the filter ? You should just be able to slide the old filter out and the new in with no hassle at all.

 

Yes I removed the guard but was trying to pull the spring back and place the filter before releasing the spring.  I'll try just sliding it down next time.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So I failed to get a ride on an RR but the One was very soft and everyone I spoke to was really happy with their RR, so I went for it and bought the RR. Hopefully have it delivered in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed it'll be the right choice. Thanks for all the comments and feedback. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 1/19/2019 at 5:51 PM, bluey said:

I rode a 300 rr and thought that was a bit too quick for me.  I ended up with a 250 gold as that was the only 250 available in NZ.  It's quick too!  I'm comparing to an 05 GG pro though not a standard TRS One so can't comment on that comparison.

I just cleaned the air filter for the first time and struggled with re fitting too (and I thought the GG was tricky).  Some recommend sliding it down into place but that seems like it might risk dis lodging the foam from the cage and it is impossible to see if it is all sitting correctly.

 

 

 

initially changing the filter seems fiddly but after a bit of practice  it just slides in and out with no bother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...