Front brake wont lock on 2018 Sherco factory 300

leosantanalg

4 hours ago, leosantanalg said:

they are galfer G1805 pads and galfer disc.   before I had jitsie pads and they put grooves on both sides of the rotor! i replaced rotor and pads last time. 

That is definitely not the problem then......check the feed hole is fully clear at the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir with the brake  piston removed from its cylinder and also check that the hole from the inside of the cylinder  has no burrs on it that are protruding into the cylinder that could damage the seal on the piston as it is inserted.

• Like 1

Try putting the lever under compression with a zip tie overnight.  The continuous pressure forces all of the last bit of air up to the reservoir; braketechs on my Vertigo were giving me some of the issues you mention and this trick worked even though I had bled them relentlessly.

I had the same problem with my 2016 rear brake. What worked for me was taking apart the master cylinder completely. Even disconnecting the banjo bolt. Blew out with compressed air. I think something was restricting one of the small holes.  

15 hours ago, lineaway said:

So are the brakes even trying to work? Are they squeaking? Or does the lever just come to the bar?

they do work! it brakes but wont really lock and requires a lot of pressure to do stopies and etc... when you doing small rear wheel hops it just sucks cuz it wont lock the front wheel to make the rear alive. (it seems to have a bit of excessive travel on the lever as well. the lever is away far out just in order to have enough braking to ride (but no locking)