Bultaco parts

Ciaran

5 hours ago, bill black said:

Getting stuck into cleaning it all up ...

Nice one Bill, I'm just down the road from you in Dublin

Did you strip off the black coating paints on the casings or was it done previously?

I have to say getting the casing to shine using the buffing wheels give a great sense of satisfaction.

Give me a shout anytime, all the best

Pat

Hello Pat

I used a drill and wire brush to shift the worst of the paint and I have a blast cabinet with aluminum oxide which I'm using for the head and barrel etc. I'm trying to salvage a piston out of a spare engine as piston prices are eye watering ! Have you a Sherpa too ? I am hoping to do classic trials on mine ......

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

Your end results are looking good. The 199A is a smashing bike and it's great to see another coming back to life. I recall about 20 in total mostly 325's and a few 250's been brought into Ireland. I have a parts manual which provides very good exploded drawings of all the components if your even in doubt about anything.

I have a slow burn restoration of two Sherpa's ongoing, I'm hoping to spend some time working on the 199B over the Christmas as I have a bit of time of work.