First trial, need help!

venickey

IMG_20180908_165244.jpg.54546dd2314b8bb227e5be2ef24323af.jpg

IMG_20180908_165253.jpg.0135bcb857ed6486ae252961dd3d5170.jpg

IMG_20180908_165258.jpg.064fddc037202651e70327beda10f849.jpg

Hello. I bought my first trial motorcycle after enduro motorcycles. I always had Japanese motorcycles and this is my first Spanish motorcycle.
I'm from Russia and my English is very bad, sorry if I wrote something wrong.

I do not know what kind of model it is and what year it is? Looking at the pictures, I assumed it was JT 25?

I would really like to know the weaknesses of this model, please share if anyone has the information. In Russia, the trial is very poorly developed and there is no information about these motorcycles.

Also I can not find the manual of the motorcycle and user's manual.

I replaced the transmission fluid on the motorcycle. Replaced DOT4 in brakes and hydraulic clutch. I cleaned the carburetor.  What else to pay attention to and what to do?

Many thanks!

Edited by venickey
  • Like 1

Dobroe utro venickey, the bike is reasonably reliable. There is no manual for this. Although the recommended gearbox oil is 700ml, it is ok to use 600ml of ATF rated to Dexron III. The water pump seal and shaft wear, which allows coolant to enter the gearbox and mix with the oil. The water/coolant can create a problem with the glue used on the clutch fibres, allowing them to lift away from the steel. This makes the clutch action drag when pulled in. On your carburettor, the pilot adjusting screw should be set to around 3.5 turns out, from fully in as a starting point. The throttle needle in the second notch from the bottom. The suspension linkage, as most trials bikes, requires stripping, cleaning and greasing with a waterproof grease. Hope this helps. Bye, Peter B.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peterb said:

Dobroe utro venickey, the bike is reasonably reliable. There is no manual for this. Although the recommended gearbox oil is 700ml, it is ok to use 600ml of ATF rated to Dexron III. The water pump seal and shaft wear, which allows coolant to enter the gearbox and mix with the oil. The water/coolant can create a problem with the glue used on the clutch fibres, allowing them to lift away from the steel. This makes the clutch action drag when pulled in. On your carburettor, the pilot adjusting screw should be set to around 3.5 turns out, from fully in as a starting point. The throttle needle in the second notch from the bottom. The suspension linkage, as most trials bikes, requires stripping, cleaning and greasing with a waterproof grease. Hope this helps. Bye, Peter B.

Many thanks!!! Today I will check the gear oil. I hope I will not have such a problem.
Thank you very much for the information, it is very useful.

Hello, yesterday, checked the oil in the gearbox, it seems everything is fine. I replaced it with a new one, the old one was black, although I recently replaced it. Perhaps the oil has not changed for a long time and it has become black because it washed everything old.

I had another question. When pulling the spokes on the front wheel. One spoke broke. What is the catalog number of the spoke? And in what shop can I buy them?
Please, help. I do not understand how to find such information.

4 hours ago, b40rt said:

Hopefully there will be someone in your area that builds wheels ? Take a sample spoke to them and they should be able to match it.

It's impossible, in my city no one is repairing the spoke. I am very far from the center of Russia and civilization :D
The only option is to buy a new one on the Internet and deliver it to Russia in the Primorsky Territory.

map.JPG

Dobroe utro venickey, kak vwy? You must be close to Dzhaore, maybe there is a cycle or motorcycle repair shop there who could make a new spoke for you. The problem with your bike is that it is 24 years old and the spokes on these older bikes do tend to seize up in the nipples, best to leave the other spokes alone for the time being. You can remove the spoke and continue riding no problem. If you cannot find a new spoke/nipple, I probably have one at home you can have, but then there could be a post/delivery problem to where you are, I will check it out. Bye, Peter B.

2 minutes ago, peterb said:

Dobroe utro venickey, kak vwy? You must be close to Dzhaore, maybe there is a cycle or motorcycle repair shop there who could make a new spoke for you. The problem with your bike is that it is 24 years old and the spokes on these older bikes do tend to seize up in the nipples, best to leave the other spokes alone for the time being. You can remove the spoke and continue riding no problem. If you cannot find a new spoke/nipple, I probably have one at home you can have, but then there could be a post/delivery problem to where you are, I will check it out. Bye, Peter B.

Good morning, too! How do you know the Russian language? : D I do not know what is Dzhaore, sorry.
Many thanks for the information and help. If you find a spoke I am ready to pay for the delivery. Of course, if it does not cost around $50...

Dobroe utro venickey, I have front wheel spokes for a 94 model, there are 2 lengths, 236mm and 238mm, 1 for each side of the hub. Part number R130000 and R140000. I think I can post you these for not much money, it is ok, when I am in Russia then you can buy me a beer! Can you use the "Messages" part of the forum to send me details of your address? I teach engineering in a high school, we have students from all around the world, one is called Iaroslav, he is from Russia and speaks good English, always good to learn a few words. Bye, Peter B.

4 hours ago, peterb said:

Dobroe utro venickey, I have front wheel spokes for a 94 model, there are 2 lengths, 236mm and 238mm, 1 for each side of the hub. Part number R130000 and R140000. I think I can post you these for not much money, it is ok, when I am in Russia then you can buy me a beer! Can you use the "Messages" part of the forum to send me details of your address? I teach engineering in a high school, we have students from all around the world, one is called Iaroslav, he is from Russia and speaks good English, always good to learn a few words. Bye, Peter B.

Dobroe utro peterb, thank you so much for your help, you are a very good person. Now I will write to you in private messages. Come anytime, I'll buy you a beer!

Could you find an old trail bike the front wheel will need to be 21 inch the spokes from that may fit your hub flange. You might need to rethread the spoke down or possibly not. From what you have told us about what you have already done to the bike you seem to be quite handy so modifying a spoke should come fairly easily to you. From your indicated position on the globe USA isn’t far away figuratively speaking so that could be your answer for spares.??Your English is fine by the way.

Edited by section swept