Spanish road legality - lights, horn, plate size?

Ok, so I know that in the UK you officially need a horn and a motorbike-sized number plate for daytime running on the road, and in France you're ok with an LED front and tail light (brake light too?), and a mini number plate (not sure about horn) ... what about in Spain?  What's the minimum equipment for a trials bike to be 100% legal?

As I know in Spain it is like in Italy so:
- number plate
  in Italy can be a small one or the number directly attached painted to the rear fender,

- lights front and rear,

- a horn,

- a mirror, a folding unit is sufficient!

In Gemany add:
- brake light rear and to modern bikes from 1990 at the front too,

- lights with high, low, and parking lights!

- standard number plate,

- flashlights aka turning signals (if the bike is not made before 1962).

3 hours ago, pschrauber said:

As I know in Spain it is like in Italy so:
- number plate
  in Italy can be a small one or the number directly attached painted to the rear fender,

- lights front and rear,

- a horn,

- a mirror, a folding unit is sufficient!

In Gemany add:
- brake light rear and to modern bikes from 1990 at the front too,

- lights with high, low, and parking lights!

- standard number plate,

- flashlights aka turning signals (if the bike is not made before 1962).

Good stuff!  Do you know if the lights have to be the original style, or are modern ones acceptable on an old bike?

On ‎25‎.‎09‎.‎2018 at 7:50 PM, nhuskys said:

Interesting that Italy allows small plates, but when Enduro GP round is there....it's the only round on the race schedule that requires standard full size motorcycle plate on competition bikes.

Depending the bike and year of first registration I guess, as the corpo forestale was pleased when I met them last time in the mountains in 2016,
The corpo forestale is a police belonging to the Carabinieri and responsible for forest, mountains and other nature area …

http://www.corpoforestale.it/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

On 2/20/2019 at 8:14 PM, 2stroke4stroke said:

I thought EU regs permitted not having indicators on a machine intended for offroad use?

Depends on what you mean by off-road use, there's plenty of unpaved roads in the mountains and I'd be surprised if the legalities are any different there from being on paved roads ... I guess this will be a case of just trying it and seeing what the tester says (much like with getting an MOT on a classic trials bike in the UK)

I think there are some formal parameters to define such a bike but can't recall where I saw them. I do, however, remember that when indicators became a requirement in the UK "trail bikes" (they were the ones people were worried about) were excused this and also the mirror requirement if my memory is correct.  Probably covered in Construction and Use Regs, which incidentally render illegal almost every new road bike with a plastic stick, instead of a mudguard, to carry the rear numberplate.