Suspension

betaboy100

Could be one, or the other, or both.  However, I find more often than not when I would bottom out in the past it was my technique more than the suspension.  

If you are say 220 lbs (100kg / 16 stone) heaver springs might help but still technique is more important most of the time.  

Hope that helps.

Even though your bike is relatively modern it is none the less 7 years old and springs do go weak, when considering what they are put through. Wish I could get back to weighing my 11/12 stone, trying to get under 15, so imagine any bikes springing and the punishment it’s getting. If you can afford it replace the springs just to get the ride height closer to original with fresh oil in the forks, the rear unit may be too expensive or you might get it rebuilt. There will be many riders who will tell you to just get on and ride, but you are noticing the bottoming out and can at least try to modify or improve the technique of body weight transfer, but with new springs you might be surprised at the difference in your bike and it’s response to your input. Hope you get good results?

• 2 months later...