What about putting a inner tube on a 4.00 R18 rear tire 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro

thesaint

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, nigel dabster said:

Complete rubbish, again. Didnt you say on another thread tapes were easy to fit???

Tubeless tyres have many benefits for the rider.

A tube type tyre is a pain to fit, a total nightmare out in a competition to mend (saw a couple of lads trying to do it near Blackwater last week in rain and cold) and always needs constant maintenance.

Grip is less with a tubed tubeless.

Off a Xispa? very unlikely were any even in Northern europe?

Regarding the inner tube palaver..what I said about tubes in tubeless tyres on a tubeless rim is called sarcasm ......I would have thought it completely obvious to anyone with some sense that the designers and manufacturers of the tubeless rim and the tubeless tyres did not do so because they had some time to kill.[of course the real reason for it is to lighten the rear wheel/tyre as a unit..no tube ...no rim lock... to make it easier to hop the rear wheel about and general weight saving for trick riding with the bonus that the tyre carcass flexes well and improves grip and also puncture repairs during a trial can be done without taking the wheel off the bike let alone dismounting any part of the tyre].. .yes there were some Xispas sold in the UK  and yes there were not many because of the lawsuit taken out by Sherco in France against Xispa because of the similarity to the design of the Xispa and the Sherco around the  year 2008/2009 models that cut short the continued production of the Xispa 250/280R ......There have been a few Xispa R bikes up for sale over the years on Ebuy in the UK and Sandiford off road had one up for sale when he was involved with Xispa.also a UK MX breaker had a complete Xispa.R  broken for parts about 2013ish ......Haven Trials sport were the UK importer of the full size trials bikes at the time of production. RAS sport near Huddersfield had one for sale at one time with a SHERCO cylinder fitted such were the similarities between the two bikes.

Edited by oni nou

On 1.10.2018 at 10:57 PM, oni nou said:

A 120/100X18 is the metric equivalent of  a 4.00 X18 tyre............ tyres and rims that are designed to be tubeless are pointless.the designers were just saving money by not having to include a tube.....a tube fitted in a tubeless tyre set up is much better;you should definitely fit one it  is the best upgrade you could have....by the way your rim is not a standard GasGas rim it has come off a Beta a Sherco or Xispa although it is the same as the standard rim that would have been anodised silver like your front rim

So it is the black paint that gives the rear wheel away..I have never thought of that. But i have another rear rim which is alumimum coloured (the original rim for this bike) that i ready top go on the bike with a almost new tire that i had forgot. I can check and see if that wheel holds air a little longer and swap rear wheels. That is a 5 minute job 

Anyway on the wheel that leaks air i guess i will replace the rim flap and clean the rear wheel proper

Edited by thesaint
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, non of my trial bikes is going to be used to anything other that some steep hill, forst driving and no competition so i guess if i put a tube in one rim really does not matter

So it will be a tube in a tubeless tire....Just until i have replaced some spokes on the original rear rim for this bike...

oni nou. The black painted rim is an original Gas Gas rim but it is not original to a 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro. The rim is from a newer Gas Gas bike i was told by the Gas Gas parts company here where i live. 

The text on the rear rim says exact the same as on the original / spare rim i have for the 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro. Morad Spain and so on...

Edited by thesaint

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Well, non of my trial bikes is going to be used to anything other that some steep hill, forst driving and no competition so i guess if i put a tube in one rim really does not matter

So it will be a tube in a tubeless tire....Just until i have replaced some spokes on the original rear rim for this bike...

oni nou. The black painted rim is an original Gas Gas rim but it is not original to a 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro. The rim is from a newer Gas Gas bike i was told by the Gas Gas parts company here where i live. 

The text on the rear rim says exact the same as on the original / spare rim i have for the 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro. Morad Spain and so on...

There are no trials models that GasGas made that used a black rim with a silver shoulder, just silver, Titanium in 2010 and Raga bikes and solid black on the newer bikes   it was Beta and Sherco that used them...........MORAD rims supplied all the manufacturers of modern trials bikes with that same rim in the era when that type of rear tubeless rim was being used....it actually is still in use on some full sized wheel 80 cc trials bikes and on the GasGas CONTACT models that have silver anodised wheels.

Edited by oni nou

12 hours ago, oni nou said:

There are no trials models that GasGas made that used a black rim with a silver shoulder, just silver, Titanium in 2010 and Raga bikes and solid black on the newer bikes   it was Beta and Sherco that used them...........MORAD rims supplied all the manufacturers of modern trials bikes with that same rim in the era when that type of rear tubeless rim was being used....it actually is still in use on some full sized wheel 80 cc trials bikes and on the GasGas CONTACT models that have silver anodised wheels.

I was ordering some parts of the Gas Gas importer here where i live an i came to ask him about the black painted rim and spokes since i need a new black spoke for that rear wheel and he told me that the rear rim wasd from a newer Gas Gas TXT bike since there was a period Gas Gas used black painted / black anodised rims. I just told you what he told me. 

But as i said it really does not matter if the rim is original or not as long as it fit my bikes.

As i said i have a spare wheel for my gas gas TXT bikes which is all aluminum, 

When speaking about rims did not Montesa and Beta have the "uograded" rear rim where the spokes does not go into the rim itself and therefore there can be no leaks many years before Gas Gas came with the same type of rear rim

How much is the outer rear rim and spokes like the one on the picture? I suppose you can get spokes that wilo fit the new rim and use the old hub?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by thesaint

5 hours ago, thesaint said:

I was ordering some parts of the Gas Gas importer here where i live an i came to ask him about the black painted rim and spokes since i need a new black spoke for that rear wheel and he told me that the rear rim wasd from a newer Gas Gas TXT bike since there was a period Gas Gas used black painted / black anodised rims. I just told you what he told me. 

But as i said it really does not matter if the rim is original or not as long as it fit my bikes.

As i said i have a spare wheel for my gas gas TXT bikes which is all aluminum, 

When speaking about rims did not Montesa and Beta have the "uograded" rear rim where the spokes does not go into the rim itself and therefore there can be no leaks many years before Gas Gas came with the same type of rear rim

How much is the outer rear rim and spokes like the one on the picture? I suppose you can get spokes that wilo fit the new rim and use the old hub?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes MONTESA used the new type of rim for many years and so did BETA who then oddly changed to the MORAD rim with the rubber sealing band in 1999 on the last version of the TECHNO model.and carried on fitting it to the Rev3 models and the first EVO model........... You can get that rim in the picture from JITSIE... the cost is approx. 300 euros and a set of spokes would be over 100 euros......you can buy a JITSIE complete built wheel with that rim and a 4 bolt spocket carrier hub   for approx. 500 euros

Edited by oni nou