Flipped my bike

PB1980

Hi I just bought my first bike in about 20 years and as you do managed to flip it going up a steep hill and it seems my gear box oil glass is full I checked the rad and it’s not fluid from that what could it be plus it’s not milky In colour ?

Thanks il give that a try tommorow . Also my ht lead seems to be live could that be causing the bike to be abit hit and miss at starting . It’s a 2008 but I don’t think it’s been that well looked after and I really wanted a gas gas so I kind of rushed in ?

As an aside the technique for going up a steep hill is to squat over the back wheel. It seems counter intuitive but think of it this way, if you are standing up you are a longer lever than if you are squatting with your tail low just above the seat. That long lever wants to pick up the front end so you lean forward which unweights the rear wheel and you get spin. Watch videos of the top guys crawling up a steep hill and they all have their asses hovering as low over the frame as possible.