Drayton Bantam

prelit

On 10/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, trialsrfun said:

Saddened to learn of Jim's passing. Jim was always a gentleman and a 100% trials enthusiast, a good rider but always helpful to others whether it be with bike or riding advice.

The attached image is of the first version of his Bantam taken at the Reliance but it constantly changed week by week, Jim also rode a BSA B40 and Royal Enfield Bullet 350 throughout the midlands area and often in the Pre 65 at Kinlochleven.

IMG_2617.JPG

Is that a steel Yamaha ty250 mono tank on there?

• Like 1

On 06/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, section swept said:

Or count your own time as a cost into building it yourself?At the end of the day any Bantam or British Trials bike kept in the sporting publics eye is a good thing.?

Absolutely, I'm busy prepping my little 1953 J9 James for the "Moor to Sea" on Exmoor this Sunday. Riding amongst the KTM's and Gasser's etc. I fully expect to laughed at all day,don't care cos I'll be laughing too - even if its peeing down.

20180506_152311.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 09/10/2018 at 12:53 PM, jon v8 said:

Absolutely, I'm busy prepping my little 1953 J9 James for the "Moor to Sea" on Exmoor this Sunday. Riding amongst the KTM's and Gasser's etc. I fully expect to laughed at all day,don't care cos I'll be laughing too - even if its peeing down.

20180506_152311.jpg

Lovely reminder of when trials were ‘proper’ and I bet despite any laughs at your expense that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. No suspension set up worries, no constant worrying about overheating through fans jamming etc etc???

• Like 3