M151 engine teardown

Cribbs74

Finally was able to split the 151 cases today. What a horrible mess inside. I think this thing sat outside for quite some time. I sure hope the 125 internals from my other engine will swap into this case.

piston is still stuck in the cylinder, so will have to remedy that. 

Anybody know where I can find a parts catalog for cheaper than the $100 they want on Ebay? A photo copy would work fine. I have a Haynes manual coming, but it’s not model specific.

I am attaching a couple pictures of inside the cases for fun...

ABC12B34-673E-4040-B784-FBF67FE0A47D.jpeg

33361EE3-0C24-484D-AA54-793243EC7E4B.jpeg

• Sad 1

Thanks for the parts manual info. Definitely cheaper, shipping will cost the same as the manual I am sure.

Some of it looks useable, hoping nothing is too pitted. I’ll soak it and see.

So, I removed the piston. I was able to save the piston, but the sleeve is cracked at the bottom. It was bored over .075 so it was pretty thin. Not sure if I broke it or it was already broken. My 125 Engine has no sleeve whatsoever, so I guess I need a new sleeve and piston. Any suggestions? Thank you for the help and replies.

Ron

Edited by Cribbs74

The Haynes manual should give you all of the info you need for your bike as the early 70s 5 speed models are pretty much the same. The bike pictured on the front cover is actually a 151

If you look for another cylinder it has to be from the early 325,  models 92, 125 or 151. The cylinder was a new design from 159 onwards and won't interchange with the earlier engines

• Like 3

Thanks for the info John and Woody, 

If the Haynes has an illustrated parts breakdown that would be great, but part numbers would be very helpful so I can cross reference.

Both cylinders are in really good shape externally. A new sleeve would be the best course of action, but can’t seem to find any online.

Nothing on the Bultaco Classic website or any of the other usual sources. 

Ron

Being in the states have you tried www.bear-sports.com  The list of manuals they have on their site is just a fraction of what they have, I've bought several of their manuals for CZs & they're well worth the $18. I see 27 different Bultaco manuals in the list that came with my last manual but none showing on the site