A never ending story i guess but which oil ro use on Gas Gas TXT Pro models?

thesaint

The oil that always have been used on my Gas Gas TXT Pro bikes is GRO oil (Global Racing Oil)
But i can not get GRO oil here now so i bought Motul 710 fully synthetic 2 stroke oil from the local Moto Guzzi dealer 

I suppose that it is okay to use Motul 710 fully synthetic 2 stroke oil on my 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro and 2006 Gas Gas TXT 250 Pro bikes?

In the owners manual it says to use 1.5% mixture of petrol and synthetic orsemi-synthetic 2-Stroke oil.

The TXT 125 Pro have been standing unused for over a year so should i use 2% mixture og petrol and synthetic oil? This since the bike have been staning unused for over a year.

In the owners manuai It says to use 10w40 oil in the sump but i have read that many use 75W oil and also ATF oil so which is the best oil to use?

I get 45 percent discount on all kind of Mobil oils and lubricants so can i use Mobil oil?

But as i said my bikes are used to running GRO oil

Ive used 710 on my 300ggs for the last 8 years at 60:1 no issues. I use motul transoil (10W30) in the gearbox, albeit on the heavy side it can cause  slightly extra clutch drag.

Edited by faussy

Not sure if you can get this oil there but...

We have good luck with Maxima MTL extra light 75w in my daughters 08 Gas Gas TXT Pro 125 transmission. 

its about the same as a 5-30 Mobile motor oil.

And also use the fully synthetic Maxima 2T oil at 80:1 with excellent results for over 6 years.

Edited by jonnyc21

I've run all three GG's I've had on Motul 710 at 80:1. The first one for about 200 hours, the second for 300 and the latest one now has 150 on it. 

I run Silkolene light gear oil. ATF is a popular choice as well. Make sure if you use a gear oil it's motorcycle specific, not a GL5 gear oil for car differentials, etc. 

• Like 2