1974 TL125 TDC Mark

Cj Motors

Thanks

I was on page 57 of the Honda 100-350cc OHC Singles 1969-1982 Service repair maintenance manual by clymer and it has a picture showing a “stationary pointer” at the bottom of the case.

See attached photos.  It may be for a different year.

90E5BCB3-67AF-49C8-9DE1-6713A46EB54A.jpeg

BD05808B-0A26-4D9C-924B-9A9690277676.jpeg

My info came from the Honda TL125 owners manual and the cover look different  It has two cover one in the center one at the top of the gen casing I do not have the bike any more as it belonged to my wife at the time till some low life stole it

The drawing in the Clymer book is for the CB/XL/SL series of engines which have a different set-up on the engine left side.  Those engines have an internal flywheel where the stator coils are outside the magnet, the genuine TL engines have an external flywheel where the stator coils are held inside the cover referred to by Naichuff with the rotor spinning around the outside of them.

What letters does the engine number start with?

Image result for tl125 alternator casing  This is what the TL casing should look like, the hole at the top is where the timing pointer should be.

Edited by craig10