PVL & chaincase fitting problem

old bones

Could someone advise a solution to a small problem please,

I fitted a PVL ignition to a cub I'm building, it has the plate that mounts on the crankcase bolts rather than the modification of the 3 posts. when I try to fit the primary chaincase the bottom plate mounting stops the case going on. So before I grind off anything and completely B***s it up does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

That is the first problem How are going to time it Because the rotor is not keyed on the shaft I did my first engine using the contacts in the distributor To get it to run But I used Electrix world on that engine The later engine I built I had the posts fitted You can adjust the time easier 

Did a little research which type do you have There is new one that uses the crank case bolts or are you using the studs that the old stator was mounted on Really without seeing the problem it is not easy to say what is wrong The stator mountings no matter the type are a tight fit But if your is on the outer case it should fit Unless it sitting to high Unfortunately both bike and spare engine are away on lone so cannot take measurements for now  

Naichuff,

Thanks for your reply. The PVL is on a plate that uses the crankcase bolts as its fixing and not the same as electrex which as I understand it uses the old stator fixings.

The two crankcase bolts above and below the clutch are used to hold the plate on alloy hollow legs the third fixing is via a small block and the oil level bolt is reversed to fix this block to the case, the bottom part of the plate stops the case going on by about 4-5mm. I was considering beveling off the alloy to try and make it fit but I'm a bit reluctant to do this without asking for advice,

Cheers