pmk

Tubeliss System Revisited

2 hours ago, b40rt said:

Never heard of a tube moving with the tyre stationary ! Every bike I've owned has tyre / tube creep with a spectrum of combinations. 

Easily proven, as I did for myself, by putting a paint marks on the tyre and the rim. Go for a ride starting with a straight valve stem. Look at it after the ride. See valve leaning over and pulled hard against one side of the hole and yet the paint marks are still in alignment. I admit to doubting that this could occur so that's why I did the experiment

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, feetupfun said:

Easily proven, as I did for myself, by putting a paint marks on the tyre and the rim. Go for a ride starting with a straight valve stem. Look at it after the ride. See valve leaning over and pulled hard against one side of the hole and yet the paint marks are still in alignment. I admit to doubting that this could occur so that's why I did the experiment

I doubted this was possible as did my friend with the issue on his MAR.  He drilled the rim and installed screws.  A bit upset that the screws apparently were not holding the tire, he removed the wheel, and unseated one bead to reposition the tube.  He noted there was no torn or elongated rubber on the tires bead, simply the spots where the screws had held the tire.

If the tube is "walking inside of the tyre, I must be the flexing Vs direction of travel. Easy fix. half way through the trial start the motor backwards and ride the rest in reverse!

Bad luck for the fourstrokers, they will just have to put up with it.

• Like 1