2019 gearing?

heffergm

On 10/23/2018 at 4:26 AM, heffergm said:

Yeah, I know, everyone on the internet is a better rider than me. 

I'll say it again so the deaf people can hear: the stock gearing sucks for me. I'm not asking about what you think. 

I never said i was a better rider than you. i was giving my background and experience to different terrains using the stock gearing so you didnt think i was some new rider that had no idea. 

Stock gearing ratio barely changed on the 2019. i would guess an internal gear change would be a big enough change they would acknowledge as a selling point so my guess is they didnt change it. Plus that would be extra expense spent on r and d. 

A 9/39 and a 10/42 by dividing it out is so close to the same. buy a 9 tooth and it will be so close to 10/42 you wont notice. 

Now hopefully some math from the deaf can help the blind ones worried about spending $100 on switching gearing after buying a $8000 (USA dollar) motorcycle. Math shows buy a new front sprocket as you did before and you will have basically same result....

• Thanks 2

On 10/23/2018 at 7:26 AM, heffergm said:

Yeah, I know, everyone on the internet is a better rider than me. 

I'll say it again so the deaf people can hear: the stock gearing sucks for me. I'm not asking about what you think. 

I saw on D6 Trials FB page that Fox's Trials Barn delivered their first 2010 TXT Racing 300 to a customer.  You should contact Jim or Travis Fox and possibly they would know about the gearing? 

Fox's Trials Barn, LLC
9161 E Rt 973 Hwy
Montoursville, PA 17754

Jim Fox Travis Fox
M: (570) 419-3763 M: (570) 329-6679

foxoutdoors@msn.com
D: (570) 435-5366

• 2 months later...

2 hours ago, geodet said:

I am another 10/42 guy living in England. Another issue not mentioned here is that the stock chain is too short on a 2019 model to go 10/42. Just saying.

How many links is the 2019 chain?

EDIT: nevermind, found it... 100 links.

I think I've more or less come to terms with the pre-2019 gearing, so going from 3.8 to 3.9 should be a little better.

Edited by heffergm

4 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

very common change in uk

I live in the uk and never felt the need for a lower first or 3rd. Lowering 3rd on a gg for uk conditions seems totally counterintuitive, unless you plan on bringing 4th more into play

On 1/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, faussy said:

I live in the uk and never felt the need for a lower first or 3rd. Lowering 3rd on a gg for uk conditions seems totally counterintuitive, unless you plan on bringing 4th more into play

250cc.

I was the same but my mates in yorkshire said it was a bit too much for some becks (whatever they are) and they made me change it mid practice session. Instantly it was much better because the gasser can rev (more than all the others?) so shortness isnt a disadvatage. The added bonus is down south 4th on a 250 becomes very usable.

• Like 1

The 18 and 19 bikes both have 10/39 gearing as standard. The reason given was that the chain goes round more linear than having 42t on the back and this has been developed by the factory riders who are running the 10/39 gearing. I altered mine to 10/42 so I could ride in 2nd and 3rd but I'm now on 11/42 on my 19 bike so I can ride in 1st and it is very good. It is very similar to a Beta 2nd gear though and is only a fraction lower. Unfortunately as has been stated, it is expensive to alter and requires a new chain and rear sprocket.