Hi looking for a little help setting gas gas chain

Trials madness

29 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Any one have a picture of there 2004 model were the frame and front sprocket are see if there's have the rubber chain guide

34 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Dnt think the 04 pro as the rubber bit ya mention mate as it's not listed in the parts manual and Google says that's 2013 onwards mine is 2004.

You just need the small rubber pad that protects the frame tube  where the rear of the bash plate bolts to the frame......it is held on by the outer bolt in your picture... £7.75 inc p+p from Feetup trialsport in Scarborough.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, oni nou said:

You just need the small rubber pad that protects the frame tube  where the rear of the bash plate bolts to the frame......it is held on by the outer bolt in your picture... £7.75 inc p+p from Feetup trialsport in Scarborough.

What for a 2004 model as the gas gas manual doesn't say it has that part on my year an all the ones I seen on net zooming in for detail Dnt seem to have the rubber pad and I.Dnt know.anyone with a gas gas to check there's mines the chrome frame pro.

7 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Chain was rubbing on tensioner when purchased the bike as had slight bend. since as been.straightened.

The 04 parts manual doesn't list any frame rubber chain guide they seem to be 2013 models that have the rubber guide hence protectors

Forget the 04 parts manual the frame rubber should be on there just like all the other years. have them.

Just now, oni nou said:

Forget the 04 parts manual the frame rubber should be on there just like all the other years. have them.

This is what am saying all the pics of 2003 2005 2006 I'm zooming in on to try see if they have or haven't look to me like they haven't and that rubber bit came out in 2013 on the newer bikes

3 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

This is what am saying all the pics of 2003 2005 2006 I'm zooming in on to try see if they have or haven't look to me like they haven't and that rubber bit came out in 2013 on the newer bikes

No it didn't I just fitted one recently on my 06 GasGas pro  .....and I have a few spare ones on the shelf for future use.

Edited by oni nou

9 minutes ago, oni nou said:

No it didn't I just fitted one recently on my 06 GasGas pro .....and I have a few spare ones on the  for future use.

So they Dnt have them standard.

wouldn't of thought from factory chain would rattle on frame.so there as to be an underlining problem somewhere as never did the noise when first got it just come off field and noticed it sounding ruff.

I'll go buy a rubber guide see if makes a difference also I'll order new chain and sprockets

Edited by Trials madness

8 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

So they Dnt have them standard.

wouldn't of thought from factory chain would rattle on frame.so there as to be an underlining problem somewhere as never did the noise when first got it just come off field and noticed it sounding ruff.

No they don't ......you do not need one I work in the industry[ NOT FOR FEET UP though] and was just trying to get a sale sorry I will come clean. your chain rattling is caused by something unknown. it must be bouncing around on something metal .....good luck finding it.

Edited by oni nou

4 minutes ago, oni nou said:

No they don't ......you do not need one I work in the industry[ NOT FOR FEET UP though] and was just trying to get a sale sorry I will come clean. your chain rattling is caused by something unknown. it must be bouncing around on something metal .....good luck finding it.

Yes the something metal is called a frame 

Look at your first picture. The swingarm guard is loose and you are missing the screw that holds it in place properly. The guard looks to be riding all wrong. Remember when on the bike the chain rides different. Too loose of chain is better than too tight.  

5 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Look at your first picture. The swingarm guard is loose and you are missing the screw that holds it in place properly. The guard looks to be riding all wrong. Remember when on the bike the chain rides different. Too loose of chain is better than too tight.  

The first picture is from under the bike.

DSC_0017.JPG

Edited by Trials madness

11 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

The first picture is from under the bike.

DSC_0017.JPG

part number 46 in 2005 2006 and 2007 GasGas pro parts books in CHASSIS PAGE 7 ....its the chain slipper pad that you say is only starting to be used on the 2013 model.

Edited by oni nou