Hi looking for a little help setting gas gas chain

Trials madness

1 minute ago, oni nou said:

part number 46 in 2005 2006 and 2007 GasGas pro parts books in CHASSIS PAGE 7 ....chain slipper pad that you say is only starting bto be used on the 2013 model.

I'll one on because the other thing have noticed is before chain rattled the snail lugs on the wheel was straight out the back since the noise came I tried getting chain to a tension but now the snail lugs point up not out back if you get what am saying as if originally there was something that fell off an now the wheel adjusters go further round before tension is pulled on the chain

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Actually the noise could be the shifter as it is not all the way on the shaft.

The noise is the chain on the frame not the shifter mate I can old the chain off the frame with my fingers and quiet as a mouse

Edited by Trials madness

3 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

I'll one on because the other thing have noticed is before chain rattled the snail lugs on the wheel was straight out the back since the noise came I tried getting chain to a tension but now the snail lugs point up not out back if you get what am saying as if originally there was something that fell off an now the wheel adjusters go further round before tension is pulled on the chain

I think you may need to check that your wheel is lined up correctly.that may make the chain noisey on the sprockets

4 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

The noise is the chain on the frame not the shifter mate I can old the chain off the frame with my fingers and quiet as a mouse

Seems you have the chain too tight? Eh? Like I said, better off loose.

4 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Not looking at no picture. I have had many of the apart. 

You said in my first picture I have a screw missing.with picture are.you looking at cos the first is from underneith the bike and I can't see any holes for a screw to be missing as I've never touched one before 

1 minute ago, lineaway said:

Seems you have the chain too tight? Eh? Like I said, better off loose.

Chain can't be to tight.the more I loosen the worse it is. It basically set so when turn the snails the tensioner lowers to.1.5 cm and the snails are just biting on the swing arm any looser they Dnt touch the swing arm

11 minutes ago, oni nou said:

I think you may need to check that your wheel is lined up correctly.that may make the chain noisey on the sprockets

The wheel is set so the marks are exact same both sides of bike on the snails.

The chain is noisey on the frame not the sprockets

Edited by Trials madness

5 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Chain can't be to tight.the more I loosen the worse it is. It basically set so when turn the snails the tensioner lowers to.1.5 cm and the snails are just biting on the swing arm any looser they Dnt touch the swing arm

Sounds like your chain and sprockets may be worn out and you will get more adjustment available on the snails with a new chain that will be shorter in length with the same number of links.

6 minutes ago, lineaway said:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/chain-tension-adjustment-noob-question.875147/

you might take a pic of your rear wheel set up. what were you doing when things went bad?

I had the bike probably bout 6 mnths been on it twice was sound had it in bedroom for a month or so got it out went dwn road onto field as come off field jump up and onto carpark an notice a rattle on chain when looked the chain was running on frame.

In this picture the snail.pointer now faces up before the noise started it was were my finger is

DSC_0018.JPG

Edited by Trials madness