175 Vs 125 Four Stroke

marky g

Hi Guys

Spotted a 175 Scorpa yesterday and it did sound rather nice, having owned a 125 version I was wondering if the 175 (I know it's only 143cc) version is much better?

I can recall some issues with oil burners on the 175, what was wrong with them and how id they fix it?

I did like my 125 but I must admit it could have done with a bit more power, second hand 125s are going for about

Can you buy the big bore kit over the counter?

cheers in advance

Contact B&J Racing Link: http://www.bjracing.com/

The have both the 143cc and 160cc kits. They will sell you the parts, as well as do the installation if you wish. They also sell a clutch kit (different plates and discs) that makes the SY175F perform like a champ. In the review of the 175, you will note that the clutch was my main concern. After installing the B&J kit, that is no longer the case!

Cheers for the info Glenn, I did see an add for the TYS version, my 125 was a TYS version too...I found the brakes and suspension fine on that model.

As long as it's got the big bore motor I ain't too bothered about suspension spec.

arnoux, I thought the limit was 143cc, any bigger would have to have some major crank case work?

I did here of a famous pre65 rider who was doing alot of work on engine internals of the 125 version, I'll see if I can find out how he got on.

What about a 200 KIT!post-1604-1136490041.jpgThis has been emailed to me a few times. Anyone got any info?

Hey Paul

This is what I got back when I asked how much..... Total price 750EU so petty expensive buy the time you land it in the land of Oz!

"The kit YR 200cc for Scorpa Trial 125 , the price for you by unit , 550 EU + travel .

+ The trial hp camshaft 200 EU by unit."

Cheers

Downunder

Edited by downunder