Bou Mania

tordijarres

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant night. toni bou is absolutely awesome....definately a world champion in the making. I was sat right in front of him when he launched himself fearlessly off the top of section 2 to exit the section on his backside and there were very few riders that followed took same route!! I just sat there in disbelief at what I had just seen..amazing.

I agree with jools on the montesa camp, dougie and fuji had to strangle the life out of the bikes but they did not seem to want to go up those sections. It is a lot better than last year but I don't believe honda have improved the engine performance enough to get them into the top 3 of the indoor series this year.

But back to bou, what a performance, what a rider!!

The last race was a joy to watch, ive never seen anyone move so fast over barrels on the back wheel. He really showed Raga what for.

Watch this space. I think we are going to have a new indoor trials champ this year.

Oh, I have a 7mb vid clip of the last race between bou and raga but I dont know how to get it posted on here.It is not the best quality(from digi camera) but if anyone can help you can all marvel again over this spectacular piece of riding.

Oh, I have a 7mb vid clip of the last race between bou and raga but I dont know how to get it posted on here.It is not the best quality(from digi camera) but if anyone can help you can all marvel again over this spectacular piece of riding.

I hope Andy or somebody else will help you, I would like to see it!

Its only the first round and there's a long way to go (and I don't just mean South America.) Both Raga and Bou were sensational and Fajardo's line on the Q8 bottles was unbelievable, however I reckon there will be a few twists to this championship. But I reckon Raga must be a bit nervous about hanging onto the crown and cape.

The fact that the Spaniards had just finished there own indoor championship really showed, the other riders were now where near.

Staying on that note I think world trials could soon be totally dominated by the spanish, especially the young ones that are now coming through the ranks. Both fajardo and bou are extremely talented, BUT, a lot of that is taught and practiced, and I think if we want to be major contenders in trials we have to spend more time, money and effort and bring on our own talent in the likes of dabill and morris. The boys put in gutsy performances on the night, especially morris who opened the show which must have been a terrifying prospect, and I know that they are still very young etc etc, but when you compare them to what the spanish have on offer they are still a long way off the pace and dare I say, not even in the same class........Yet!

Was talking about this last night and I said I had a quote from Laia Sanz from a few years back on Bou. From 2003, but she was right.

"Toni is in the Joan Pons Trial Team along with Laia and he's a name Laia reckons we should watch for the future."

A brilliant nights trials entertainment with Bou the deserved winner.His lap in the heat included some astonishing riding. I don't remember seeing him stop to take a drink for the whole 10 minutes and his fitness level looked a good way above the rest of the field.

Also much credit for the success of the evening must go to Martin Lampkin and his team for designing and building a set of sections which proved severely testing for the best riders in the world.

Also much credit for the success of the evening must go to Martin Lampkin and his team for designing and building a set of sections which proved severely testing for the best riders in the world.

Now there's a point. Whilst you lot were tucked up in your beds last night dreaming of riding like Bou, Martin Lampkin, Neil Crosswaite and their team were working through the night to clear the arena. Unknown fact, but that lot of sections you watched have to be out of there by the next morning for the next event to move in so the guys work throughout the night. Major credit to them.

Great credit to Neil, Marty and the Avondale and Yeadon-Guiseley organisers out there. Gather there was a problem behind the scnes and hope it didn't spoil anybody's night. Have to mention the "Gestapo" on the doors. We arrived "late" at the G2F tent due to picking up the new "weapon" for NYL and to be honest I was not impressed by the attitude of the event "representatives". It will be mentioned and hopefully acted on. I do not appreciate such stupid remarks as "do you have a ticket" when I am not only in the venue but have a G2F band on my wrist!!!!! Other wise a brilliant night with a winner who was "all out"for the win. I think Dougie yet again was let down by the Bike not being up to the task (indoors at least). But all hatts off to Toni Bou for making a night of it!!!

Was talking about this last night and I said I had a quote from Laia Sanz from a few years back on Bou. From 2003, but she was right.

"Toni is in the Joan Pons Trial Team along with Laia and he's a name Laia reckons we should watch for the future."

at the same time or near Cabes also spoke the same words about one teenager who in his 16 (17?) was able to do fantastic things and was named Toni Bou.

I don