Bou Mania

tordijarres

Great credit to Neil, Marty and the Avondale and Yeadon-Guiseley organisers out there. Gather there was a problem behind the scnes and hope it didn't spoil anybody's night. Have to mention the "Gestapo" on the doors. We arrived "late" at the G2F tent due to picking up the new "weapon" for NYL and to be honest I was not impressed by the attitude of the event "representatives". It will be mentioned and hopefully acted on. I do not appreciate such stupid remarks as "do you have a ticket" when I am not only in the venue but have a G2F band on my wrist!!!!! Other wise a brilliant night with a winner who was "all out"for the win. I think Dougie  yet again was let down by the Bike not being up to the task (indoors at least). But all hatts off to Toni Bou for making a night of it!!!

What's G2F and NYL?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great credit to Neil, Marty and the Avondale and Yeadon-Guiseley organisers out there. Gather there was a problem behind the scnes and hope it didn't spoil anybody's night. Have to mention the "Gestapo" on the doors. We arrived "late" at the G2F tent due to picking up the new "weapon" for NYL and to be honest I was not impressed by the attitude of the event "representatives". It will be mentioned and hopefully acted on. I do not appreciate such stupid remarks as "do you have a ticket" when I am not only in the venue but have a G2F band on my wrist!!!!! Other wise a brilliant night with a winner who was "all out"for the win. I think Dougie  yet again was let down by the Bike not being up to the task (indoors at least). But all hatts off to Toni Bou for making a night of it!!!

What's G2F and NYL?

For G2F look at http://www.g2f.co.uk/ that should explain better than I can.

NYL I don't know.

An amazing night, best Sheffield I've been to possibly even better than the years that Dougie won! The noise towards the end was incredible. Bou's qualifying lap was just awesome to watch - I've no idea how he managed to stay on the bike after that massive jump out of the rocks section!

I don't think Raga wasn't trying on the waterfall, Lew... I think that once he and Fajardo had played the team game on the race and the crowd really got behind Bou, the pressure started to get to him and he blew it, plain and simple.

They've got to let Tony ride the entire series now, haven't they?

What he said times 3!! Bou was fantastic, what a rider! he made my night! i ha virtually lost my voice by the time i got out shouting for toni!!

On a last note Marc Vinco what a rider, doing the sections on a push iron i've seen these guys before but he was just fantastic, what a crowd pleaser!! :D:beer:

:D Toni Bou ?..I thought I'd drag myself to Sheffield this year just to see what all the hype was about Bou.I was expecting this apprentice to have a good go at some of the sections!!

I mean I was a bit sick of the cynical show that Fuji displayed last year .

I'm sooooo glad I went, that was the best Sheffield ever.Two days later and I'm still hoarse.

The crowd and Crosswaite played their part . Raga tried to pull rank on Fajardo to put pressure on Bou in the final.

Crosswaite and the crowd did'nt like that one bit ( credit to Crosswaite as I think he has a tie-in with Gas Gas himself)and they turned up the volume to encourage Bou.

Raga let it all get to him on the waterfall- then he got brain-fade at the U-turn in the race ( I think it was a three/four/five-point turn).

The best rider won at Sheffield.

Toni Bou the apprentice?? shame on me.. Toni Bou the master!!

As for Dougie?...I think it was Bou and Fuji who showed him the way to exit the rock section.

Don't blame the bike-- HRC can't manufacture brass balls. :beer:

Was riding a trial on the morning following Sheffield and people were asking who won. When I said, 'Tony Bou'. The usually reply was. 'Who?'

I think people will now sit up and take notice.

In my humble experience, there are lots of people who dont follow the big scene and Im not suprised by people asking who Tony Bou is? There are people who just dont give a damn..sad but true :D simply because it has no direct bearing on them at the trials they ride or the trials they organise...

The way trials comp (trials competition news...) was that it sounded like Bou won Sat and Raga took the weekend somehow. It sounded fishy, so did Bou take that event or what happened? :D

Bou won the qualifying lap brilliantly. In the final, Raga and Fajardo used team tactics during the race (Fajardo let Raga win) but that backfired on them since the crowd then got behind Bou in a big way and from then on he was on fire. Raga was still in the lead by 5 points going into the final section but bottled it in a big way and dropped a 5 while Bou rode clean making them equal on points. Bou then totally blitzed the tiebreaking race, going across the barrells at warp speed on the back wheel and won. Sheffield erupted. Think that about covers it.

In no sense did Raga win at Sheffield! He might have led for much of the final but that's by no means the real story...