2019 Scorpa 125F motor?

nhuskys

Pretty sure those OEM Yamaha's bikes and motors are made in in China and have been for some time. My new Yamaha generator is exactly the same as one of the chinese makes with different stickers too, also seen a Yamaha scooter and it stated right on the serial# sticker that it was made over there. Should still be decent if company specifies certain build criteria/materials and supports their products..

Yamaha builds globally, my TTR125LE was built in Brazil.  I'm sure some Yamaha models are built in China.  I think a Yamaha engine built in a Chinese Yamaha factory, will be better than a Chinese built knock off.  I'll have to try to contact Birkett MotoSport/Scorpa UK for a definitive answer.

Back in 06 I got a 163 Scorpa from my local dealer which I believe was the first one in  the UK.

The engine was built in Brazil and has ran faultlessly for the last 12 years.

I might be a bit outspoken but I would suggest that it has done more work than any other bike up here .

Probably done about 200 trials plus, also  I run trials so there's loads of setting out and clearing up and I've lent it out on many occasions to all and sundry.

Best bike I've ever owned by a mile and it's sitting in the van ready for tomorrows trial.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2, Yamaha TY250 Mono 3, TY175, there's a pattern here. Worst Fantic 307, Fantic section(My original one not the one I just sold) Montesa 200 but there's loads more on that second list , basically anything that's not got a Yamaha. motor.

• Like 1