Another GG TXT Pro no spark issue. Ducati ign.

2smoke

My 2003 txt300 died a while back, well more like a year or so ago. Lost its spark, checked the basics & sulked with it. Now winter is here so Id like to get it up and going again, although patience is running thin already!!

Its got the "oh-so-reliable" Ducati ignition setup (joys).

Stator is giving about 1ohm, spinning the motor over on the drill gives around 16-20v. Pickup is 242 ohm, so seems ok? Cannot really measure the output without an oscilloscope but the resistance checks out ok.

Tried two reg/recs. It had a new one for the last issue which was a slow cooling fan. 

Wiring checks out

Earths are all good.

Looking like possibly the coil/cdi unit then? I did try one off an rs50 but no joy, more of a shot in the dark as it was £10 rather than £280 for a new GG one.

Any other suggestions? kill switch is removed.

If Im going down the route of a new coil/cdi then Id rather switch to a kokusan setup and be happy that it will last longer than the ducati stuff. Would anyone in the uk have some leads on where to get a complete setup?

Otherwise Ill have to sell the thing as-is, or break it for spares..

Cheers

Paul 

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, bluey said:

you can test the coil/cdi using the values in this link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Mfile5Ahnmb2tvWHRRaWRBRUU/view

Thanks to Hell Team Australia for the chart

Thanks, Ive just been through that. Im getting similar readings on all wires apart from the red/white seems to be dead (nothing between that wire & any of the rest).

Got a feeling thats just the wire for the kill switch?

• 3 weeks later...

So, someone kindly send me a known-working cdi & still no spark. 

Bah.

I did read somewhere that the pickup should send about .7vac to the cdi. Mine is doing .3 at best.

Ill have to try that next, or send the stator away.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it all came back today, so rather excitedly I put it together, kicked over & still no spark. On either CDI. 

W@nk!

Only had half a lunchbreak to look at it, hopefully I've missed something obvious. Otherwise not sure where to go next..

• 3 weeks later...