Sherco 290 clutch basket

Tom103

I am looking to replace the clutch on my 2007 290 as it's sticking/dragging quite a bit. The plates seem to have a bit of sideways movement sitting the basket. Would this be from someone filing the grooves out of the basket previously? There are some grooves in the basket now so would like to replace it as I put new plates in. Only trouble is I can't seem to source 1. Everywhere seems to be out of stock and it's labelled as discontinued on splat shop. Any ideas where I could source 1? Thanks

Screenshot_20181103-074600_Samsung Internet.jpg

CSP (costa special parts) makes a beautiful but a bit pricey replacement. Splat sells them on the site. I would call or message them to see if the 2013 + complete basket gear assembly is the oem replacement that cross references up for your application....scorpa version used this too. Please post back afterwards and let us know what you find out. :)

Obviously I have not seen this particular clutch, but if it was mine then I would just file each tang smooth, finishing it with a fine/smooth file. or fine emery paper.  I would also do the clutch plate fix, which is pegged at the beginning of the Beta forum. Don't use ATF but a proper gearbox  oil such as Putoline G10.  The clutch will rattle a bit, but should work ok. 

The alternative is to replace the clutch basket and probably the plates too, which is expensive.

The amount of play side to side makes me think it has been filed down before and therefore I'm hesitant to do it again as I will only add to the amount of free play. Clutch is quite noisey (whining/whiring). Do you think this could be from the amount of play it already has? 

You would be surprised how much of the noise in the motor comes from the rubber dampers inside the clutch going hard & shrinking. I replaced the dampers & basket a couple of years ago & it difference it made was huge