Throttle cable replacement

hop_sing

5 hours ago, guy53 said:

The Venhill  ( the one you have to assemble yourself ) as been the smoothest for me. When well lubricated along with a longer clutch '' arm '' make it a one finger thing with all the springs.

Guy 

He’s talking about the throttle cable, but your suggestion about a longer arm on the clutch is well proven.

42 minutes ago, RD4ME said:

Hi Guy53, 

I've got to do something with my cluthc - the pull is way to stiff.

Can you let me know where I can buy the extended clutch arm (TY250) - I'm in Ontario.

Thanks 

Sorry for not being Guy, but all over the world people remove three of the clutch springs on TY250 twinshocks to lighten the action

Speed and Sport, I am in California and the home page pops up and I recognize the guy riding. I have ridden with these guys for years. Our club has an easy day on Saturday with Vintage lines set up. the harder stuff is on Sunday. Thanks for pointing me in their directions. I had no idea they had a business.

I have a brand new Domino throttle assembly. It has a white tube. I like the slower black one on my modern bike but this might be fine with a slower responding TY 175. 

I have risers under my handle bars, so I need a little extra length. I like the domino style throttle because they can save your motor if your bike revs out and the kill switch isn't stopping it. 

this happen about a week ago to me while starting my bike after adjusting the free play. In the pits with a bunch of people standing around. Bike reved out, I hit the working kill switch magnet off and the bike just keep going. Without hesitation I grabbed the throttle cable and yanked it open at the Domino throttle unit. The cap pops of and releases all resistance and the slide pulls the carb closed letting the bike go back to idle.

People were shocked at how fast I reacted. Not my first time that the kill button has done nothing.

I just bought the bike earlier this week and have it hidden in one of the shops. going to come riding it out when the family is out in the back yard in our Trials area. They have no idea I bought it, My grandson has been riding our local trials on a Oset and was gifted a TY 80 that he is just getting strong enough to pull the clutch on. He also started it by himself a couple days ago. My new Ty has the same color scheme as his. 

So with two new TY's in the vault I will probably be asking a bunch of basic questions.

• Like 2