250 Rev3

Bigusdickus

Hmm, that's odd, I don't see the side access cover.

2002 should be side airbox, pretty sure it wasn't until 2003 they moved it to the top

Here's a pic of mine with the airbox cover in the yellow circle

Have you removed the mudguard/fender to see exactly where the airbox is?

IMG_0082e.jpg

5 minutes ago, ahh_me2 said:

Hmm, that's odd, I don't see the side access cover.

2002 should be side airbox, pretty sure it wasn't until 2003 they moved it to the top

Here's a pic of mine with the airbox cover in the yellow circle

Have you removed the mudguard/fender to see exactly where the airbox is?

IMG_0082e.jpg

Throw those risers in the trash. You are loosing all the leverage, due to the risers.

Good eyes  Lineaway you are correct it's a 2002. Thanks Gary at Beta UK for the quick response, so two years older than I was led to believe but no sweat it's in good condition for it's age  and I think it's going to be plenty enough bike at this stage of my Trials career. 

Rich.

Hi to all.

Last night I was very kindly invited to a practice and training day at Raydon Pit Suffolk. So I got up early and sorted the previously mentioned issues and of I went. Thanks Gary for making me feel welcome. So ten minutes in I am just starting to figure things out when I disappear in a big cloud of steem  ? so after a bit of diagnosis it turns out the fan is not working. Tryed jumping the wires at the thermostat made no difference. So I am guessing the fan is dead. 

Rich

20181124_133015.jpg

Ok so hear come the questions, what sort of voltage should I get at the thermostat. Is it more complicated than just bridging the two thermostat wires to get the fan running? Is it possible the stator is not give enough juice to run the fan. Are the fans still available for a bike this old. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Rich.

That was the first thing I tried, unfortunately not that simple. What relation would the kill switch have to the cooling fan ?

the plan tomorrrow is to take the multi meter to it and find out if there is any power. Am I looking for 12v, there has to be a voltage regulator some place not sure where 

it is though. I have had a chat with the guy I bought it from he says he is happy to take it back and give me a refund to be honest that may happen as I have had a bad year for

mechanicals, I will update when I have a better understanding of whats going on with it.

Rich.