250 Rev3

Bigusdickus

If it's been ridden for some time with the fan inoperative and overheated you might be better off getting a refund.Beta electrics problems weren't unknown and spares aren't cheap.Does it run properly before it overheats?Old cheap bikes can sometimes need a fair bit spent on them to get them right,works out better to buy one that's OK.

Hi Huski  I agree with you there I own a couple of vintage Yamahas and they love to eat walets ? The trouble is as I said earlier I know nothing about trials bikes

After the isssue with it's age and now this problem I am inclined to take it back. As far as the motor goes it starts first or second kick runs smooth and quiet but after riding 

a Fantic 156 yesterday the Beta  felt  a bit flat for a 250. So my next task is to find some info on the wiring and what resitance I should find at the coil, I know a stator 

or a fan is going to be expensive.

Rich.

I have just had a look at the Beta my comment about the dodgy surgeon was incorect it would have to be a gynecologist to get at the wiring

in the first place, have I got to take the rad out to get at it. I have to say my resolve is running out fast this was suposed to be a bit of fun

while I rebuilt my other two bikes for next years racing I dont want to be spending a lot of time and money on a third bike.

Rich.

Ok I have given up.I can't get at the wiring from above. I think that's ok I will tip the rad forward, then this little design gem stopped me in my tracks ? is it normal to have to remove the exhaust to get the rad out. Any advice will be much appreciated. 

Rich.

20181125_130341.jpg

Edited by Bigusdickus

I appreciate what you are saying the problem is how do you diagnos a fault on an engine that's in bits ? I  am not a novice I have worked on bikes all my life. The way I see it have been sold a bike with a fault am prepared to try to sort it out to a point. When it's spread out on the floor just so you can get at the wiring it's very frustrating.

Rich.

Hi Lineaway I have tried that but everything is a bit tight in there. So far I have a sleepy fan motor and no voltage at the fan. I have been tempted in for roast dinner so not much will happen this afternoon. Tomorrow I will check the voltage regulator again I will be assuming 20v ac going in any idea if I am close with that.

Rich.

No relay stat is just a switch .Take the refund offered and look elsewhere.From experience I would say don't bother with old cheap bikes,they're not made to last very long.especially if not well maintained .Not every owner has the skill/time/inclination to maintain the bike properly which shows up quite soon.I think you have to afford £3000 + to get something worth having unless you're very lucky.You have to be very quick to respond to a bargain if you see one

Edited by huski