My first Fantic!

baurespdx

Hi fellows. Co-owner of this Fantic 240 (AKA the dad) here. 

No spark on her. 

Isolated kill switch, coil bracket well grounded, cleaned terminals, examined spark plug wire. 

It’s equipped with a Dansi 110445 coil which may be suspect. With our Ohm mètre we get no continuity across any of the 3 terminals marked “C, G or ground”. There is also no continuity between the aluminum housing and terminals.  No continuity at all from plug connection to any of the terminals. 

Should there be any readings across the terminals? If so what are the Ohm readings? I am wondering if the Dansi coil is kaput. Finally, any good replacement options?

thank you. 

The original fitment round bodied Dansi HT coils are known to give trouble, I'm guessing that's the type you have. Most owners change them for the bonded plastic type pictured. They're widely available for about £45. I bought mine from Steve Goode Motorcycles and he supplied a wiring diagram for my 240.

Ignition-009.jpg

Edited by fantic240motor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, lineaway said:

Uh, did AHRMA finally change the rules. They believe motorcycles were never made after 1978. That is why we started our own vintage club. 

You can ride as "support"... I am riding my 240 in events until my James is finished...

On 12/1/2018 at 6:36 AM, fantic240motor said:

The original fitment round bodied Dansi HT coils are known to give trouble, I'm guessing that's the type you have. Most owners change them for the bonded plastic type pictured. They're widely available for about £45. I bought mine from Steve Goode Motorcycles and he supplied a wiring diagram for my 240.

Ignition-009.jpg

Hi fellows. 

Got a Ducati blue coil to replace the Dansi. Can you please specify or post the schematic for the Ducati’s leads:

2 greens 

1 red

1white 

Thank you kindly