Crank seals

Russ Bedford

On 11/19/2018 at 9:17 PM, Russ Bedford said:

Up to yet I've checked the fuel,installed a new inline fuel filter,cleaned and oiled the air filter,had the carb ultra sound cleaned,all the jets cleaned ...

?

8 hours ago, Russ Bedford said:

Evening chaps..the latest in my shenanigans..is this my pilot jet,and shouldn't there be a hole through it?IMAG0960.thumb.jpg.98341e1f65dd4aae367173d7c86d019e.jpg

This should have been your first post ...

The hole is very small (which makes it block easily) Soak it in carb cleaner / brake cleaner, blow out both ways with an air line. Guitar strings will clean it but this is NOT recommended. When you last put it away it was running ok ? It so, did you drain the carb ? No ? The fuel will evaporate and leave deposits / varnish, this is probably the problem. 

On 11/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, Russ Bedford said:

Hi all..I'm after some advice regarding my Sherco 2.9 2004.

I just can't get her running properly,when I blip the throttle the bike dies..I even struggle to get it to stay running on tick-over.I've fiddled with the mixture and tick-over screws to no avail.

Up to yet I've checked the fuel,installed a new inline fuel filter,cleaned and oiled the air filter,had the carb ultra sound cleaned,all the jets cleaned,and checked the carb for leaks with wd40..someone has said it must be the crank seals..I've no idea how to check these so any advice would be much appreciated.!!

I'm going to the Ilse of Skye for a week at Xmas and I really want to take the bike with me,so I'm starting to get abit worried ?..Thanks..Russ.

Read agsin and again.