Trial Front wheel

Old man

That style hub was fitted to Sherpas in 1972 on the M91/92, but it had a normal rim, that flanged type was last fitted to the previous model 80 with full width hub (on the front)  Pursang and Alpina also have that style hub but slightly bigger in diameter (on Pursang at least) 

Sherpa diameter is 125mm so if it is bigger it is Pursang or maybe Alpinaa

• Like 1

My M80 has a lot of reinforcing webbing cast into the hub, yours doesn’t. Everything in your photos points to early Bultaco...late 60’s to early 70’s. Brake shoe spring doesn’t look right (I could be wrong). Brake drum looks as though there is no cast iron lining, my M80 has this so your wheel may be approximately 74 on and possibly a Pursang component,  I think the wheels are all the same but the wheel spindles may differ. 

Edited by section swept

1 hour ago, woody said:

That style hub was fitted to Sherpas in 1972 on the M91/92, but it had a normal rim, that flanged type was last fitted to the previous model 80 with full width hub (on the front)  Pursang and Alpina also have that style hub but slightly bigger in diameter (on Pursang at least) 

Sherpa diameter is 125mm so if it is bigger it is Pursang or maybe Alpinaa

My M80 is a1972 and has the full width style hub, except the drum is cast iron lined and the bearing housing is heavily webbed. It also has Arkront rims. Think the full width hubs were pre 73/4 fitting. Reckon your close at Pursang or Alpina 

Edited by section swept

The rim is normal Akront fitted to most bikes in 60s to about 1972 when Bultaco, as well as Montesa and Ossa all swapped to flangeless rims. On Sherpas, that style hub used a flangless rim but  it's 40 odd years old and in that time could have been fitted with a replacement rim.  A MK5 (maybe MK4 as well) Pursang used a flanged rim with that type of hub. You will have to measure the inside diameter of the hub. As mentioned before 125mm is Sherpa, possibly early Alpina also. Pursang will be 140mm I think from memory. They look the same in appearance. You're going to have to know which for the brake shoes your going to need as you can't use those...

If the brake drum is 125mm. diameter, it's a Pursang wheel. (Pursang pre-mk. 9 - this used 140mm. hub/brake). Further identification points are the extra flange on the l/h. side of the hub, and yellow Akront label. This is supposedly a stronger wheel overall than a Sherpa item.

First Sherpas with conical hub were machined and polished. Later Sherpas were less "finished", retaining the extra flange and were fully painted. Spokes also changed from stainless butted with alloy nipples to steel during various iterations.

As stated by woody, flanged type rim was used to 1972, flangeless thereafter.

Mod. 80 Sherpa and Mod. 85 Alpina both had full-width type hub of 125mm. and flanged rim. 

It'll certainly need brake shoes.......what state is the brake drum in ?

Edited by lorenzo
additional info.

The brake shoes went in bin after took photos yesterday as they wear down to metal.The hub is bad this was a spare wheel the original is missing 2 spokes so need to get some.I bought some shoes awhile ago as one shoe is broken and need replacing.IMG_20181125_080923.thumb.jpg.5fbe31a6be779a719f0c4839dbcda097.jpg

IMG_20181125_080447.jpg

IMG_20181125_080611.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, lorenzo said:

If the brake drum is 125mm. diameter, it's a Pursang wheel. (Pursang pre-mk. 9 - this used 140mm. hub/brake). Further identification points are the extra flange on the l/h. side of the hub, and yellow Akront label. This is supposedly a stronger wheel overall than a Sherpa item.

First Sherpas with conical hub were machined and polished. Later Sherpas were less "finished", retaining the extra flange and were fully painted. Spokes also changed from stainless butted with alloy nipples to steel during various iterations.

As stated by woody, flanged type rim was used to 1972, flangeless thereafter.

Mod. 80 Sherpa and Mod. 85 Alpina both had full-width type hub of 125mm. and flanged rim. 

It'll certainly need brake shoes.......what state is the brake drum in ?

It was only the 370 s that had the bigger brake , the 250s kept the small one till end of production , The first pursang to use the non flanged rim was the mk 7 and im pretty sure the Sherpa had the flanged rims up to the model 124/125.If its a motocross wheel it can only be a mk6 pursing as the 5 had a same style hub but in steel painted black