help with double bleep

I am far from an expert but from playing the video over and over again I would say that is more of a roll up technique than a double zap/bleep... from the sound of the bike there is just one blip of the throttle not 2 and the bike isn't jumping up it is rolling up. The front wheel is just grazing off near the top of the rock which is great roll up technique and is allowing the front of the bike to get enough hight so the bashplate doesn't hit the rock which seems like a great techniques for that particular obstacle. I believe a double blip would require you to slow down a bit and really drive your front wheel into the rock much lower so it compresses your front and rear suspension, then once the bike starts to rebound back give it the second blip of throttle and hop to the top of the rock. You could try standing at the rock without your bike and just hoping yourself with both feet to the top of the rock and then think about the fact that you need to hop yourself and the bike to the top of the rock... you really need to squat down hard and compress everything to get the energy to hop you and the bike up on the rock. if you try to hop up without first bending your knees and squatting down it is super hard to hop up... I am lousy at double blip but there are lots of videos out there and that is what I have gleaned from them... hope it helps - give it try and post another video if it works (or doesn't :) )

• 1 year later...

On 2/15/2020 at 5:22 AM, Robert n said:

Im struggling to do this double blip  i find first blip into object and then there doesn't seem time for a second  my timing must be all wrong i think i must be overthinking this it looks so easy 

try to brake the move in 3 steps and practice each of the separate. (for Zap) 

first of all, they are 3 different techniques: roll up, double blip and jap zap! one burst of throttle, two distinctive bursts of throttle and two bursts of throttle with pop of clutch respectively! for the ladder, you can break in steps to learn how to get lift. the steps are: stiffing front wheel and compressing the suspension, de weighing pegs with front wheel planted and popping the clutch at last! this worked really well for me and I know can japzap a 3.5-4 feet tall undercut obstacle comfortably. As it been said before: Practice , practice, practice, take a break and practice again! good luck  

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, leosantanalg said:

try to brake the move in 3 steps and practice each of the separate. (for Zap) 

first of all, they are 3 different techniques: roll up, double blip and jap zap! one burst of throttle, two distinctive bursts of throttle and two bursts of throttle with pop of clutch respectively! for the ladder, you can break in steps to learn how to get lift. the steps are: stiffing front wheel and compressing the suspension, de weighing pegs with front wheel planted and popping the clutch at last! this worked really well for me and I know can japzap a 3.5-4 feet tall undercut obstacle comfortably. As it been said before: Practice , practice, practice, take a break and practice again! good luck  

Thanks I’ll give it a try in steps ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm (still) just beginning, and probably will be for as long as I do trials!

What I found with trying to do double-blips, the simple one no clutch, is that I don't properly wait until the front wheel has come down and compressed the suspension before applying the second blip. I just got to the point of at least letting the front wheel touch down but was still too quick on the second bit of throttle.

What I started practicing was putting marks on the ground, each separated by a few yards, and then riding along them and blipping to lift the front and seeing if I could land it on the mark and then compress the suspension and blip again. It was suprisingly hard but at least made me realise what I was doing wrong.

I injured myself shortly after that in a separate biking incident and have never got back to it... :(

Edited by v1nn1e
  • Like 1