OZO Rear Shock Question

pmk

This week, my riding buddies new rear shocks arrived.  These were OZO Pro Trials Rear Shocks from InMotion.  The version he got were the silver colored ones with Shrader valves on the end cap.  My question, and he has not heard back from InMotion yet, does anyone know how to alter the size of the mounting setup in regards to diameter.  I have not personally tried to work on them, but he mentioned the oem spacer will pivot and rotate, but does not seem to want to be pushed out.  Obviously asking before causing damage.  The shock eye mount diameter is too small.

DSC_0002.jpg

To update for others.  I attempted to remove the upper eyelt pivots.  The owner of the shocks got a reply from InMotion saying they just push out.  With reasonable effort, I was unable to get them to budge.

I handed the shocks back to my buddy that owns them.  Using a socket to support the backside, he pressed them out in the vise.  The design does not use circlips.  Simply two pressed in cups with a center bushing that is ball shaped at the midpoint.

His installation will require using a rubber or similar hose over the frames mounting lug, wirh the shock eye slipped over the hose.

Is this a joke or am I missing something ......your buddy gave you his new shocks to sort out his bearing size problem.. and you have no idea what a spherical bearing is or how they are located in shock eyelets or how to remove the spacer inserts  then you tried to push one out with no tools ...as it did not work...,obviously ........you then gave it back to him....who obviously does have an idea  and some tools and he pressed out one of the bearings using the home mechanics normal method of doing that type of work. Sorry but I just find that to be incomprehensible.

Edited by oni nou
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, oni nou said:

Is this a joke or am I missing something ......your buddy gave you his new shocks to sort out his bearing size problem.. and you have no idea what a spherical bearing is or how they are located in shock eyelets or how to remove the spacer inserts  then you tried to push one out with no tools ...as it did not work...,obviously ........you then gave it back to him....who obviously does have an idea  and some tools and he pressed out one of the bearings using the home mechanics normal method of doing that type of work. Sorry but I just find that to be incomprehensible.

Say what you might, but that post of yours is inaccurate and you are missing the context.  My buddy that owns the shocks first attempted to push out the what appeared to be a spacer bushing.  Fearing he would damage them, he asked me to give it a try.  Not knowing how Betor designed these eyelets, and nothing moved with reasonable effort, I too feared there was possibly a clip, or something else required to get these apart.  The idea of destroying a new shock eyelet was not cool and waiting to have good info was not an issue.

InMotion finally replied, and with that, my buddy, that owns the shocks stacked sockets and wise what he described as good effort, the vise pressed them out.

The design is silly and kind of dumb.  Hardly a true spherical bearing.  The design requires a tight press fit to retain the ball races.  But whatever.  Your description in your reply explains a typical spherical bearing setup, exactly as I too expected it to be.  Every pherical bearing I have worked with, whether shock eyelets, aircraft or automotive typically has spacers that can be removed from the ball, and the entire spherical bearing is inserted then retained.  With the spacer and ball as one item as on these shocks, the design is not common.

As for using rubber hose for shock eye mounts, with Betor not offering the correct size on this model shock, and being the upper mount with minimal movement, it is a non issue.

if you require more info to understand, I shall post a photo when time permits.

36 minutes ago, pmk said:

Say what you might, but that post of yours is inaccurate and you are missing the context.  My buddy that owns the shocks first attempted to push out the what appeared to be a spacer bushing.  Fearing he would damage them, he asked me to give it a try.  Not knowing how Betor designed these eyelets, and nothing moved with reasonable effort, I too feared there was possibly a clip, or something else required to get these apart.  The idea of destroying a new shock eyelet was not cool and waiting to have good info was not an issue.

InMotion finally replied, and with that, my buddy, that owns the shocks stacked sockets and wise what he described as good effort, the vise pressed them out.

The design is silly and kind of dumb.  Hardly a true spherical bearing.  The design requires a tight press fit to retain the ball races.  But whatever.  Your description in your reply explains a typical spherical bearing setup, exactly as I too expected it to be.  Every pherical bearing I have worked with, whether shock eyelets, aircraft or automotive typically has spacers that can be removed from the ball, and the entire spherical bearing is inserted then retained.  With the spacer and ball as one item as on these shocks, the design is not common.

As for using rubber hose for shock eye mounts, with Betor not offering the correct size on this model shock, and being the upper mount with minimal movement, it is a non issue.

if you require more info to understand, I shall post a photo when time permits.

Now your chum has pressed out the silly bearing can you find a spherical bearing that will replace it that does fit the set up you have and resolve the problem like that.and get some spacers to fit machined out of alloy etc at an engineering shop.

2 hours ago, brewtus said:

Unfortunate bit of bashing going on here.  Guess no one else has any experience with these OZO shocks on an MAR then, eh?

PMK has more than enough experience and skill to make them work.  Just sayin'.....

I think you mean Dave Renham has. People with experience and skill can work it out themselves.

Edited by oni nou

2 minutes ago, brewtus said:

You've no idea what I think, I don't know Dave Renham.

Enjoy your bashing.  I'm out.

He is the man behind In motion and probably the one who is actually the person who  told the skilled and experienced ones  how to remove the bearing and suggested the rubber to mount the shock.

If they're being fitted to a MAR then the top shock mount is bigger (at 14mm if I remember - it's bigger anyway) than the bottom mount which is the more common 12mm

The way I'd do it is to just fit a normal rubber bush with 14mm id  to replace the rose joint bearing. Falcon do different size bushes and as B and J Racing Products in the US are Falcon agents, they'd probably provide some

• Like 1