TX300 oil ratio

martyn s

2 hours ago, martyn s said:

HI  can anybody please advise the oil mix for my TX300? ( Rotax engine) and at the risk of opening a can of worms; what is the best 2 stroke oil to use please ? thanks in advance

t-shock 250 a member on here posted in the Aprilia forum that air cooled Aprilias manufacturers to owners advice was 50:1 semi-synthetic and that he ran his own bike at 55:1 using fully synthetic without problems .......use any 2 stroke oil you like the picture on the label...... it is not vitally important .....someone on here recently ran a bike with no oil at all in the tank for 2 tank fulls before it seized up so I would not be worrying too much.If you check a member called alberto on here from Italy you will find that he uses 80:1 in  his aircooled motors and says he has had no problems.

nigel go and help someone and give them your advice ....your obsessed.

Edited by oni nou

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 5:01 PM, oni nou said:

t-shock 250 a member on here posted in the Aprilia forum that air cooled Aprilias manufacturers to owners advice was 50:1 semi-synthetic and that he ran his own bike at 55:1 using fully synthetic without problems .......use any 2 stroke oil you like the picture on the label...... it is not vitally important .....someone on here recently ran a bike with no oil at all in the tank for 2 tank fulls before it seized up so I would not be worrying too much.If you check a member called alberto on here from Italy you will find that he uses 80:1 in  his aircooled motors and says he has had no problems.

nigel go and help someone and give them your advice ....your obsessed.

Correct One nou ? , i'm still running my Fantic (240-300-303-305) air cooled at 80:1 , now with Nils Duo Synt S 100% sint.  without problems with pistons, cylinder wall or other.

Very important correct jet, and needle. Poor carburtion is very dangerous.

But i ride only in trial sections (zona) where the engine run always at low rpm, sure i if ride my bike in mountain with long climb and hot temperature i put more oil in the mix, but always less than 50:1 with sint oil.

• 3 weeks later...