Wisconsin

Johns Anvil

14 hours ago, section swept said:

Wish that I could live in the US....wide open spaces.....bliss?

Yeah.  Blissful wide open spaces that are either privately owned by those who don't know/understand/like us, along with the "public" lands are usually closed off to us.  Most clubs that don't have a land owner member work pretty hard to keep their riding areas open.  The grass isn't really much greener over here, but we do manage to have some fun.  B)

Hijack over.  Doesn't the Wisconsin club have some events up north?  http://wisconsintrials.org/

Edited by brewtus
Hijacking.
  • Like 1

Brewtus

Thanks for the link .... I did not know this group existed, I will check it out.

On the question of wide open spaces.... here in northern WI many ordinary folk have 10, 20 , 40 acres (although they are usually only into snowmobiles and atv's) but, sadly, in the UK most ordinary folk measure their property in feet (perhaps more clubs and meets per head of population though). I cant imagine only being able to ride at someone else's discretion and permission.

• 4 weeks later...

On 12/4/2018 at 7:27 AM, brewtus said:

Yeah.  Blissful wide open spaces that are either privately owned by those who don't know/understand/like us, along with the "public" lands are usually closed off to us.  Most clubs that don't have a land owner member work pretty hard to keep their riding areas open.  The grass isn't really much greener over here, but we do manage to have some fun.  B)

Hijack over.  Doesn't the Wisconsin club have some events up north?  http://wisconsintrials.org/

The meet in door county is about as north as they go.It is a excellent club with alot of cool people.This was my 1st summer riding trials and some of the best fun I had on 2 wheels.

• Like 1

I just ride for fun, not into competition (meaning - not good enough lol).

I have a few acres of forest with a nice hill in the middle - and would be willing to share, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the area that even knows what a trials bike is.

Riding "events" is way more about riding for fun than it is about competition -everyone is "good enough" as you only have to be as good as you are... don't be shy give it a try you will most likely be surprised to find out just how much fun it can be even if you have never ridden a motorcycle before you can have good fun riding with like minded riders enjoying a day messing around on bikes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, Johns Anvil said:

I just ride for fun, not into competition (meaning - not good enough lol).

I have a few acres of forest with a nice hill in the middle - and would be willing to share, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the area that even knows what a trials bike is.

I am not good enough either but I still do every wota event I can.It's just a blast to ride these events.Good people and cool motorcycles. There is a class for everyone from beginner to expert.We also try to get together to ride as often as we can in door county. 

• 8 months later...

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

isnt pat smage from round there?

Pat and Phil both live about 30 minutes from me. I have been to their property (bought a VERY used bike from them years ago) 

Their property is very advanced. At the time, it was way over my head. I would love to try to get over there and play now.