240Pro. No spark. Flywheel removal?

motosolex

Hi fellows. 

Fitted the blue Ducati Energia coil as per the attached diagram. Still no spark and now considering removal of flywheel to dig deeper. 

Any tips on flywheel removal operation (standard r-h threads)?

Anything else to consider or look for?

Thanks. 

9CA87B6B-ADDA-4C93-8C03-9AB4C9671ADD.jpeg

6 hours ago, Fantic.156 said:

Geetings, before removing the flywheel etc, I'd check the resistance values from the coils and pick up using a multi meter. I am sure the values are on a thread within Fantic 240 if you take time to look through the previous posts.

Cheers

Thanks. 

Did so. When checking Green to Ground no resistance. 

Red to Ground no resistance.

So problem is in wires, connections or the stator coil if I understand the system. . 

Cheers 

You'll need a 26mm x 1.5 flywheel puller for a 240. I use a homemade holder. 

If the wires are original there's a good chance the insulation may have broken down causing problems. If the stator has been rewired you'll need to identify what wires are what as the colours may well be different to original.   

On 12/7/2018 at 3:07 AM, fantic240motor said:

Here it is motosolex. The two bolts locate in the flywheel holes. The cut out is to clear the kickstart shaft but also doubles to hold everything from moving. Easy to make something similar from a piece of steel plate. 

20181207_075822.jpg

This is used in lieu of a typical puller? If so, I can’t visualize how it pulls. 

3 hours ago, motosolex said:

This is used in lieu of a typical puller? If so, I can’t visualize how it pulls. 

It's to stop the flywheel turning while your removing flywheel nut etc. 

If you have a compressor, an air gun will generally work without a holder.

• Thanks 2

Sorry motosolex should have been more clear. As mentioned it's just to hold while undoing and tightening the nut. I've personally never been happy using an impact wrench to tighten flywheel nuts but I know friends that have. 

Just another point. When you tighten the puller bolt to remove the flywheel be patient. If the flywheel hasn't been off for a long time they can be stubborn. Don't overnighten the bolt if it won't shift. I've had to gently tap a flywheel with a soft mallet while the puller pulls.

Another note... pay particular attention to the woodruff key. If it's not very tight in it's slot make sure it doesn't push out when re-fitting the flywheel. Before I fully tighten the nut I like to slowly rotate the engine to make sure the flywheel has pulled up true on the taper. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2018 at 4:50 PM, fantic240motor said:

Sorry motosolex should have been more clear. As mentioned it's just to hold while undoing and tightening the nut. I've personally never been happy using an impact wrench to tighten flywheel nuts but I know friends that have. 

Just another point. When you tighten the puller bolt to remove the flywheel be patient. If the flywheel hasn't been off for a long time they can be stubborn. Don't overnighten the bolt if it won't shift. I've had to gently tap a flywheel with a soft mallet while the puller pulls.

Another note... pay particular attention to the woodruff key. If it's not very tight in it's slot make sure it doesn't push out when re-fitting the flywheel. Before I fully tighten the nut I like to slowly rotate the engine to make sure the flywheel has pulled up true on the taper. 

The airwrench is only for undoing the flywheel nut....its not used to tighten, at least I don’t.