240Pro. No spark. Flywheel removal?

motosolex

Flywheel is off. The stator area was coated with a powdery-like corrosion. The plate mounting screws all needed to be extracted with success. The coils’ M4 (very hard metal!) screws all need to be drilled out, proving to be rather difficult. 

LT coil ohms reading is 693

Pick-up ohms is 40. 

Basically the stator plate needs to be rebuilt and rewired. 

Any ideas on removing these small screws (even a new left hand bit wouldn’t penetrate) and ohm readings?

thank you. 

D8983C70-FEB4-4C35-8B46-94EFD84DE2E5.jpeg

30CE067B-41B9-400D-BC44-CBC4B6E793F9.jpeg

Looks like this lots been soaked and left to its own devices. It pays not to mess around skirting around the edges hoping someone will suggets the ‘ultimate fix’ without pulling the flywheel. I dont know why this is as pulling the flywheel off is relatively easy. There are companies that will supply all that you need, some of the original compmonents may be restorable but Id look at new items. This story could have been much shorter if you had just got on with the real job and pulled the flywheel......sorry that sounds a bit stern, but that was whats needed to sort the issue??

5 hours ago, section swept said:

Looks like this lots been soaked and left to its own devices. It pays not to mess around skirting around the edges hoping someone will suggets the ‘ultimate fix’ without pulling the flywheel. I dont know why this is as pulling the flywheel off is relatively easy. There are companies that will supply all that you need, some of the original compmonents may be restorable but Id look at new items. This story could have been much shorter if you had just got on with the real job and pulled the flywheel......sorry that sounds a bit stern, but that was whats needed to sort the issue??

Yep got you. It’s a methodical learning experience for my son and I, who are new at this. And, if nothing else, our experience will serve as a guide for the next person that’s interested and learning to deal with vintage bikes of this sort. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, could someone kindly confirm by personal test that the blue cdi ducati 32398112 works well without modification (timing or other stuff) on dansi ignition fantic 240? Or maybe also 32898112?

Thanks a lot

https://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/69523-240-coil/

P.S. of course, just the cable color from stator

Edited by dax

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/25/2018 at 8:33 PM, dax said:

Hi, could someone kindly confirm by personal test that the blue cdi ducati 32398112 works well without modification (timing or other stuff) on dansi ignition fantic 240? Or maybe also 32898112?

Thanks a lot

https://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/69523-240-coil/

P.S. of course, just the cable color from stator

Yes the blue Ducati 32398112 coil will work perfectly on a 240, no modifications other than the cable ends. I have one on my 240.

18 hours ago, fantic240motor said:

Yes the blue Ducati 32398112 coil will work perfectly on a 240, no modifications other than the cable ends. I have one on my 240.

Thanks a lot fantic240motor! Do you have an original dansi ignition on your bike?

I will buy a new one as spare part.