Lanyard Fix

leembarnes

Been through a couple.of lanyards recently when it's been pulled.from the handlebars and the magnet his pinged out of the plastic casing and into the undergrowth never to be seem again!

Worth always having a spare of course but also worth buying some 10mm x 2mm neodymium magnets off the Internet.  £4.50 for twenty and an easy fix with some loctite : ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Due to the elastic I've had a few ping off my wrist....luckily we've managed to find them again after a bit of hunting... I've swop the elastic for a shortened boot lace about 8" long so there is very little spare lace hanging down asking to be caught ...works for me and as the elastic ages it tends to stretch so if you need to shut off in a hurry you can't just flick your arm away.. With a lace the emergency stop works every time!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, scottishsteve said:

i put a film of glue round the edge to keep it in the holder.mind let the glue go hard before you sit them together again.

I do exactly the same. Have since the first time I lost one of the little buggers. Haven't had an issue since.

10 hours ago, thall1 said:

Due to the elastic I've had a few ping off my wrist....luckily we've managed to find them again after a bit of hunting... I've swop the elastic for a shortened boot lace about 8" long so there is very little spare lace hanging down asking to be caught ...works for me and as the elastic ages it tends to stretch so if you need to shut off in a hurry you can't just flick your arm away.. With a lace the emergency stop works every time!

I tumbled off a drop last year and the tether got snagged on the bike,it stretched and snapped,if it had been a boot lace possibly could have injured my wrist or pulled the bike down on top of me,just something to think about when you make a stronger tether.

• Like 1