Hour meter

guy53

What do you need to know? It takes about 38 seconds. Just find a good place to mount the meter, trim the wire to length, keeping in mind you need to wrap it around the spark plug/HT lead about 5 or 6 times (see the instructions on the meter). Some electrical tape around the wire finishes the job.

• Like 2

I've had two (inexpensive) - neither lasted long enough to be of any practical use.

I'm not convinced time alone means much on a trials bike.  i prefer to look back on what events I have done and assess how they may have, for instance, affected the oil.  Two hours putting round a field doing sections is not the same as two hours spent blasting over the moors.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

4 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I've had two (inexpensive) - neither lasted long enough to be of any practical use.

I'm not convinced time alone means much on a trials bike.  i prefer to look back on what events I have done and assess how they may have, for instance, affected the oil.  Two hours putting round a field doing sections is not the same as two hours spent blasting over the moors.

True.. but you need to know you've done two hours in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...

£6.00 Asda look for the cycle accessories display Bell products cycle computer, does speed, distance and a few other techie things and has a memory. Its small, light and comes complete with all fixings. You may need to make a mounting for the sensor a fairly easy thing to do, waterproof too!?