Tlr Qs

mower16

Some works bikes tried double sprockets on the rear to enable higher road speeds between sections, mainly for ISDT and time keeping. But this Honda by the looks of it has no way of tensioning the chain when its slipped to thesmaller sprocket. There is of course the issue of alignment between chain and gearbox sprocket, unless this was able to slide across on the output shaft to compensate. Some pictures of the gearbox side would help. As this bike has a helmet lock fitted on the top rear frame loop it looks as though this is an Aussie spec. machine and the taller gearing option is there for distance travelling. Would really like to see the drive side of the bike. There was on some bikes a pull out twist and lock device which altered or engaged another gearbox drive sprocket, but I doubt that this Honda has that.

Edited by section swept

@collyolly Yes I have used both and both go really great!

@sectionswept Yes no way of tensioning you have to drop a link in. But no Aussie spec, was a Jap bike and imported as a farm bike roughly 8yrs back.

I have managed to find 2 other tlrs online with this same double sprocket setup. The teeth on mine are 13,36/50.

@feetupfun   No, I asked::  Any info on this double sprocket? Was it a factory option or did someone make it?

Obviously a specialty setup, pointless to most.  To much effort to keep unclipping and clipping in a link in a trial for most folks.

Edited by mower16