1996 gasgas pampera 250

nelly001

Hello and welcome - this site is more about observed trials rather than long distance, but a lot of the advice does carry over!

My other half has a Mk3 Pampera which has been pretty much rebuilt from the ground up (still has bits to do), and I just recently picked up a Gasgas EC250 that had been used for long distance trials (which just requires a freshen, thank goodness!)

Good luck with your project :) Any chance you could post up some photos?

this is how i got it its all there not been used hard but not looked after cosmeticly tatty.engine is sweet wheels are like new rear brake pedal is missing im looking at trying 1 from a txt contact as nothing is available for early pamperas.it is registered but hes lost logbook and registration plate so got to fill in a v55/5.plan is to get it rideable see if i like it and all gears work then strip move footpegs back and down then powdercoat frame and reassemble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nelly001 said:

this is how i got it its all there not been used hard but not looked after cosmeticly tatty.engine is sweet wheels are like new rear brake pedal is missing im looking at trying 1 from a txt contact as nothing is available for early pamperas.it is registered but hes lost logbook and registration plate so got to fill in a v55/5.plan is to get it rideable see if i like it and all gears work then strip move footpegs back and down then powdercoat frame and reassemble.

Do a HPI check at a dealer (Not internet) by vin number.  That will give you the registration number.  Then you can request a new log book on a V62 form  Much cheaper that way or can be free.   Simples   https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-vehicle-registration-certificate

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, gasserguy said:

Do a HPI check at a dealer (Not internet) by vin number.  That will give you the registration number.  Then you can request a new log book on a V62 form  Much cheaper that way or can be free.   Simples   https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-vehicle-registration-certificate

used to be able to get hpi done to get reg back but dont know any friendly dealers atm

16 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Looks promising, though judging by the condition there's going to be a lot of replacing bearings, seals, etc!

The Mk3 shares it's brake lever with the EC, for what it's worth ;)

i think mki pamperas are different more like the trials model