Bultaco Astro.History lesson needed

Old man

I would love a Astro but seems every year two steps back from bike.My older brother was a motorcycle mechanic he thought i was reckless hit the corners to fast and bought me a sherpa trials for fifty quid in 80s and my sliding days wear over but he was correct i was reckless then 

• 1 month later...

I have a different history for the Astro series of bikes. In 1969 I purchased a Model 68. The Bultaco factory was supplying the bikes as either a Model 68 A or Model 68 B. The Model 68 A was set up as a flat track bike with Astro decals on the tank and fenders. The bike was purchased in Costa Mesa, CA through a local dealer named Champion Cycles. 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 8:25 AM, Bill Meister said:

I have a different history for the Astro series of bikes. In 1969 I purchased a Model 68. The Bultaco factory was supplying the bikes as either a Model 68 A or Model 68 B. The Model 68 A was set up as a flat track bike with Astro decals on the tank and fenders. The bike was purchased in Costa Mesa, CA through a local dealer named Champion Cycles. 

Here's one.

https://amsracing.com/product/1968-0-bultaco-pursang-model-68-mkiv#prettyPhoto

• 1 month later...

• 4 months later...

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, WJSmith said:

Astro/pursang flat track bike build underway soon. Think i'm gonna go for the earlier style with a rear fender and pursang seat though rather than the seat unit

20190805_163557.jpg

Please tell me your not going to butcher this frontera?

• Like 2

On 8/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, bult360 said:

Please tell me your not going to butcher this frontera?

Yeh ? no wont be butchered. Nothing that will not be able to be undone. All frontera parts will be kept and stored.

It needs a lot of work, found some sections that need repair on frame and engine has to come apart. 

I like them with the metal mudguards, but I want to race vintage flat track on it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Little update on here, recently started resto on the poor frontera. No harm will be done to it as it is going back as a Frontera ?

Had a lovely little find this morning and collecting tomorrow. A model 90 pursang astro ?

Screenshot_20200512-124922_eBay.jpg

• Like 2