Why is it...

al_orange

That of all the brands, it seems like TRS riders are the most likely to go full "power ranger" with the TRS clothing? Do they come cheap with the bike or does the bike attract a certain type (like with BMWs). I'm a tart and I'd like a shiny new TRS RR but I don't think I could bring myself to wear the kit too... But then I'm a fat old man..

Thoughts? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe they just like yellow.

If so, in theory they'll have the following personality traits: 

Impulsive, analytical, strongly independent, unemotional, spontaneous, irritable, arrogant and, though I wouldn't suggest this is necessarily related to buying a TRS but perhaps to wearing the garb, pretentious, with a tendency to spend money unwisely.

Edited by cleanorbust

Being that the average rider is over 40 I just don't know where the idea of brightly coloured skin tight clothing comes about.

Frankly most trials gear would be considered to camp for strictly, stick to MTB gear or MX at least you can look sensible even though your riding may indicate other wise.

• Like 2

But seriously... Why specifically the TRS owners?? Is it that some really good riders are going to TRS and they're the ones most likely to go for the "factory" look?

I've also noticed the riders seem to have a more aggressive hop and bop riding style. Is that the bike or the rider?.

Its a bling thing....Power Ranger one piece leathers for super bike owners....must match the bike colours. So it follows for trials riders, it not by chance these leotard devices the top riders wear are made of stretchy (very in some cases) lycra and offered to the public to shoe horn themselves into. Totally missing the point about looking lythe and athletic. Barbour and Belstaff were able to cover a wide (literally) range of body shapes and disguise many of us as a part of the crowd. You could bash through hedges and snag bushes without even a ladder appearing in yer tights?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, oni nou said:

At one time people used to all wear black or olive green belstaff and Barbour wax cotton and flat caps,  that gave way  to  two colour plastic coated cloth suits and horse riding crash hats then all in one boiler type suits and onto track suits with stripes down the sides and in the 90's everything was Pink ..........people have always dressed ridiculously in trials ...they could not get away with it on the street as people have got to conform or they would be beaten to a pulp by the usual suspects  so its an excellent way  of releasing their inner 'Liberace' and not ending up in hospital......oddly these are usually the same people that think art students  that dress in an unconventional manner and punk rockers look ridiculous.

Oooohh! You are awful.....but nice??

Edited by section swept
  • Haha 1

Ha ha that’s a funny observation but it’s always been so. There has, and always will be, ‘tarts’ in all walks (rides ?) of life, that need to buy into the latest fashion accessories and they will pay through the nose for it to make themselves feel good. I just take quiet comfort from the fact that as a very (below) average plodder, with a bike & kit that together’s worth half a three year old machine, I still sometimes beat the tart on his 7k bike plus fancy gear and a 30k day van to transport it in ! Oh the delight of that results email !

Just let em do it & smile to yourself on the way home.

1 hour ago, section swept said:

Oooohh! You are awful.....but nice??

I can say those things as I am a 60 year old boy 5 ft 2" tall and 120kgs who looks exactly like Danny DeVito and I always wear what we call in Spain a Mono or to Brits a dance leotard  like the top riders used to wear .........my wife says that I look ridiculous but to my mind I look ravishing ....I'm Elton John in TOMMY belting out pinball wizard."HOW DO YOU THINK HE DOES IT!!!"  der der....."WHAT MAKES HIM SO GOOD".

Edited by oni nou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

TRS is like the new Gas Gas. The riders looking to better themselves tend to dress the part. My son has gone this way and wears the skin tight pajama`s. But no TRS gear yet. Our club special orders our own club gear every year. Jersey, pants and Jacket.

12 hours ago, al_orange said:

That of all the brands, it seems like TRS riders are the most likely to go full "power ranger" with the TRS clothing? Do they come cheap with the bike or does the bike attract a certain type (like with BMWs). I'm a tart and I'd like a shiny new TRS RR but I don't think I could bring myself to wear the kit too... But then I'm a fat old man..

Thoughts? ?

Repsol Honda riders beat them hands (and usually feet) down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oni nou said:

I can say those things as I am a 60 year old boy 5 ft 2" tall and 120kgs who looks exactly like Danny DeVito and I always wear what we call in Spain a Mono or to Brits a dance leotard  like the top riders used to wear .........my wife says that I look ridiculous but to my mind I look ravishing ....I'm Elton John in TOMMY belting out pinball wizard."HOW DO YOU THINK HE DOES IT!!!"  der der....."WHAT MAKES HIM SO GOOD".

Oh....so not Roger Daltrey with flowing blond locks of hair. ?‍♂️“Does me a*** look big in this?” Adam Ant had the right idea those 14 inch heels would have been really handy in the streams and mud....need to reposition ......everything on the bike though.

Scoop news....latest trials garments from J § Gault*er ?for him and ?...its clear the bike gear wardrobe time again, you lucky people!