Evo 4T wiring

barfy

I was wondering if anyone has reduced the wiring on the Evo 4T?

I was looking to remove the lights (front and rear) to put on a decent number board so I can put on riding numbers rather than wrapping it around the headlight. It struck me that there is a lot of wiring that needs to be tucked out of the way somewhere, so I was going to work through the wiring diagram to look at what I could take out. However, I thought that if someone had some instructions about reducing the wiring it might save an hour or so working it out myself.

It might be easier to unwrap the harness and carefully seperate the wires that you need from the wires that you don’t. Photogragh everything and label all ends. You may also need to snip lighting wires and obtain the correct connectors. When you have done all this the weight saved will not be that much but the bike will look tidier and sone maintenance tasks could be easier. 

I can't tell you about the 4t but I opened up the loom on my 2017 300 Evo 2t and removed all non essential wiring, shortened the loom and relocated the regulator box to a home made alloy plate under the seat, the mode switch I disconnected but the plug now lives in the plastic cowling near the filler cap.