uk trials

stelio100gr

33 minutes ago, stelio100gr said:

hi I m moving to uk and I wandering which place/town is the heart of trial?

It’s more a question of area or county more correctly. UK being rather small in size and limited in space thanks to the new high speed railway to nowhere except bankrupcy. Places to organise trials are becoming more difficult, thanks to that and more house building eating up more land. A study on this web site should help you in your quest.

You really need to look at a central location where you will be best placed to be able to get to which ever trial you want to enter, you’ll need to join a club or clubs for that usually. There lies the secret, the clubs that run the most events per year possibly have better access to land for trials use. 

If you already have employment in the UK then fairly obviously locating yourself near to work is more important!?

Edited by section swept

Remember, Yorkshiremen don't understand that there is anywhere except Yorkshire. No doubt it is a good centre for trials, but so is the Westcountry (in the widest sense of the word). Dartmoor and Exmoor provide brilliant trials territory. I live further north, but less than an hours drive gives me the option of the Mendips or the Cotswolds, or I could hop across the bridge (now free!) and sample the delights of Welsh Wales.

• Like 2

Obviously Fife specially if you don't want your bike nicked or stuck in traffic for half your life,you can buy a house at a reasonable price and get pretty decent weather,trials are rubbish I even run some , but there's plenty on and loads of help if you're rubbish on a bike.

Yorkshire looks good on paper but it seems to be full of English for some reason.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Remember, Yorkshiremen don't understand that there is anywhere except Yorkshire. No doubt it is a good centre for trials, but so is the Westcountry (in the widest sense of the word). Dartmoor and Exmoor provide brilliant trials territory. I live further north, but less than an hours drive gives me the option of the Mendips or the Cotswolds, or I could hop across the bridge (now free!) and sample the delights of Welsh Wales.

Thanks it sounds good. Are there places where we can pay and ride? I know that in Uk you can't ride wherever you like...

17 hours ago, breagh said:

Obviously Fife specially if you don't want your bike nicked or stuck in traffic for half your life,you can buy a house at a reasonable price and get pretty decent weather,trials are rubbish I even run some , but there's plenty on and loads of help if you're rubbish on a bike.

Yorkshire looks good on paper but it seems to be full of English for some reason.

You should have specified EAST Fife. Not the forgotten end where us plebs live.

• Like 1

We do get the occasional member that hails from West of Lundin Links but we carry out a full Police check first , I hope no one finds out I'm from Cardenden or they'll be more than raised eyebrows at the bridge club and a termination of membership would be arriving 1st class from the R&A..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2018 at 8:51 AM, stelio100gr said:

Thanks it sounds good. Are there places where we can pay and ride? I know that in Uk you can't ride wherever you like...

As a member of Scarborough Motor Club (east coast of Yorkshire) you'd get to use their Low North Park venue any time. Big area, loads of natural terrain making a great playground.

Edited by cleanorbust
  • Like 1