Sherco v Beta

trapezeartist

I bought a ST 250 2015 this fall, I mostly ride in the mountain. I thought it was a little nervous compared to my 03 Rev 250 at first, than put a 44t in the back and a slow throttle, works fine for me. I do miss the 6 gear transmission of the Beta, but I follow the thread about Beta popping out of gear with interest and it was part of my choice toward the ST.

Guy

P.S. I'm not Tony and this is just my opinion.

New or second hand, as Sherco have altered their models a few times during the last perhaps 5 years.  I went to Sherco after 2 Betas and would not go back.  Now on my 2nd Sherco.  There are issues which are applicable only to certain model years.

Some 250 Betas can jump out of 1st or 2nd gear, mid section - without you having touched anything,  Apparently some do and some don't (my 2014 did).  The problem is that new or second hand, you won't know if that particular Beta does it until you have owned it for some time.

12 hours ago, cascao said:

Sherco had new model (chassis) in 2017. They revised clutch too. Now diaphagm like gasgas pro engine.

So, it is a more modern product. If this mean better product or not, it rely on personal opinion.

The new diaphragm clutch was awful on my Sherco 250 2017

Edited by Markws80

Need to look more at . ease of maintenance ,cost of parts, and the BACK UP you receive from the importer,  i know what id pick, and it ant blue ! but thats me. Read any bike topic on this site all bikes have there problems some mechanical more operator , Strange you asked about  sherco/beta  would have thought sherco/scorpa  as there is a difference, 

Indeed there are, section swept. And I'd be open to any, but the amount of information to be absorbed is pretty mind-blowing. Which year the significant changes came in? Which year there were problems. Which year it was a fiery beast and which year it was all soft and friendly. I started this thread because I think I'm getting on top of the Beta info but then saw an attractively priced advert for a Sherco, so I thought I'd ask.

They are very different bikes to ride,you might get on with one a lot better than the other.You really need to ride them both on some sections before you decide,personally I don't like either,but a lot of people do.Once you've decided which brand it's down to buying the best condition one you can afford

• Like 1